Too focused on my league game.....massive ooops fold!!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ouch. That is ugly. I wish I could say I never did anything like you but cant. I think it happens to us all. Just painful when we do that.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The missed bet on the flop did not give an opportunity to put pressure on the opponent. As a result, the opportunity to beat the opponent was lost.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol maybe you got lucky,how do you know they didn't have 78,look at it as a glass half full half empty type of situation :)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been there Ian, sucks doesn't it lol.

I play on mobile often and before i switched off the 'auto switch tables' function it used to happen to me that i was going to fold junk like 72 on 1 table but just before my finger hit the screen tables would switch and i would fold AA, KK etc ... took me a while to figure out how to turn the setting off as well haha

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ouch! That hurts! Move on bro. Next time don't repeat that mistake

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Owey. It's ok though - at least you didn't get rivered. :)

I've been mis-clicking lately too - thankfully not as bad as this one.

I keep accidentally mis-click 4betting. I see one or two limps - failing to see the 3bet that has already happened in front of me - and I blindly go for the 3bet - which ends up being a 4-bet. I realize after I've already clicked my default 3bet button - instead of being 3.5x it's 8.5x or something larger.

This is also due to having a one or two more tables open than I'm comfortable with, but sometimes those early games run longer (not complaining at all) than they normally do.

You'll get em next time. :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i wish i woud have done the same in the league game lol
a63b8487a2b4e9c5e266b96267af1391.png

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i wish i woud have done the same in the league game lol
a63b8487a2b4e9c5e266b96267af1391.png

Yuk. I got done like this in the £3.30 ACR game on sunday too.

So, is Tuesday your day for league this season? We'll hopefully be having some epic battles if so! :boxing:

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh My Ian…….that really was a nasty misclick. Thank goodness that does not happen too often, but totally understand why it did and have done it myself. Thanks for sharing as its nice for all of us to know we are not the only one in this boat :)

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Bah, they were gonna fold if you raised em there anyway...or they had 78 and you were gonna go broke there lol...just stick to one of those stories and you'll feel better buddy!!

But hate when I do misclicks myself...except when by blind fish luck they work out in my favor...now those are the best!!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Thats the problem with online play. You can make huge mistakes by misclicking. ex. I have folde aces when I meant to raise. another problem is internet going down when you have 90% of your stacjk in with the nuts, but cant call the last amount because your line went down.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oooops

Ha Ian, I haven't misclicked in a loooong time but just did this against Edison in the Stars $300 freeroll today

PokerStars - 75/150 NL - Holdem - 9 players

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8 J

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 (Edison) raises to 58.93 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero calls 19.73 BB and is all-in, fold

Flop: (41.47 BB, 2 players) 7 Q A

Turn: (41.47 BB, 2 players) 6

River: (41.47 BB, 2 players) Q

Hero shows 8 J (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 28%, Flop 18%, Turn 7%)
MP+2 shows 8 K (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 72%, Flop 82%, Turn 93%)
MP+2 wins 41.47 BB

I tried to put this in the CardsChat hand converter but it said it was a hand that's already been converted into Forum Code so it wouldn't let me do it.

Update: I converted the hand on another site so you can view it here instead:
Click here for Doug's Oooops, misclick

Anyway, I was in the process of telling Shelley about another one of Edison's crazy tournament moves when he shoved here and as I'm explaining to her what's happening and making my mouse move to fold my hand all of a sudden I see my stack of chips in the middle - I had to burst out laughing for what I did...

Anyway, never know when you are gonna a doozy of a mis-click!!!

Last edited:
mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Several missclicks have happened to me, it's difficult, but that only means one thing, we have to be more concentrated and attentive to what we play to avoid this type of situation

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ha Ian, I haven't misclicked in a loooong time but just did this against Edison in the Stars $300 freeroll today

PokerStars - 75/150 NL - Holdem - 9 players

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8 J

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 (Edison) raises to 58.93 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero calls 19.73 BB and is all-in, fold

Flop: (41.47 BB, 2 players) 7 Q A

Turn: (41.47 BB, 2 players) 6

River: (41.47 BB, 2 players) Q

Hero shows 8 J (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 28%, Flop 18%, Turn 7%)
MP+2 shows 8 K (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 72%, Flop 82%, Turn 93%)
MP+2 wins 41.47 BB

I tried to put this in the CardsChat hand converter but it said it was a hand that's already been converted into Forum Code so it wouldn't let me do it.

Update: I converted the hand on another site so you can view it here instead:
Click here for Doug's Oooops, misclick

Anyway, I was in the process of telling Shelley about another one of Edison's crazy tournament moves when he shoved here and as I'm explaining to her what's happening and making my mouse move to fold my hand all of a sudden I see my stack of chips in the middle - I had to burst out laughing for what I did...

Anyway, never know when you are gonna a doozy of a mis-click!!!

Oh no Doug!!! Concentration really is the key. Haha, at least you weren't in terrible shape as it happened!

I think this thread should be here to celebrate the wonders of the misclick! Its not everyday you get to laugh out loud at the poker table!! We now need a converted hand mis click win!! Come on people.....lets see it!! :cool::rolleyes:

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Several missclicks have happened to me, it's difficult, but that only means one thing, we have to be more concentrated and attentive to what we play to avoid this type of situation

Yes this really is the only way. This was the problem I had 75% of my focus on my league game and only a small amount was left!! Haha

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oh no Doug!!! Concentration really is the key. Haha, at least you weren't in terrible shape as it happened!

I think this thread should be here to celebrate the wonders of the misclick! Its not everyday you get to laugh out loud at the poker table!! We now need a converted hand mis click win!! Come on people.....lets see it!! :cool::rolleyes:

As it turns out I think my mouse is defective...it has been randomly left clicking all afternoon here and I think that's what happened on this hand. Stupid think needs updated drivers or something. Probably just need to get a new mouse....still a mis-click in the end I guess lol...

Top 10 Games Folding in Poker