Tips from those experienced in multi-day tourneys

A

acivia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi - I am close to entering into a tournament in near my hometown that would last over 4 days for the eventual winner. I have never played in a tournament that has gone over a two day span.

Hoping people with experience could lend a hand for tips and tricks to staying focused, staying "hungry," and lasting long!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi - I am close to entering into a tournament in near my hometown that would last over 4 days for the eventual winner. I have never played in a tournament that has gone over a two day span.

Hoping people with experience could lend a hand for tips and tricks to staying focused, staying "hungry," and lasting long!

Thank you for posting

As no one else has responded I will share my 1 4 day tournie experiences. I only made it 3 days but finished 62 of 1500

1 Get rest before you go to play lots of rest. Then rest as much as you can each night.
2 Try to plan out all the every day chores ahead of time. Do not spend anytime searching for food eat simple good calorie meals for example. Know where the toilets are etc
3 have a pregame ritual to prepare and focus
4 Take notes at the table it will help you focus.
4 Rest on your breaks if you can.
5 Use a timer to make you refocus every 30 minutes
6 It will be a Ten hour day so do not use up all your focus early try to relax and stay calm in the first half of the day if you can.

Hope this helps
:):)

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Professional poker players recommend paying attention to the following points as well:

Position. At the initial stage, when there is a struggle for the pot with several rivals, the relative position is especially important — the position to the first raiser after the flop. Therefore, sometimes you can discard quite good cards for the sake of a strategically significant goal — saving the main part of your stack. The best position will be MP+1, because before we make a move, we have the most detailed information for collecting chips.
Hand selection. At an early stage, the entire further course of the game is decided. Therefore, it is recommended to play more tight: do not try to play a large number of hands and wait for a strong hand.
A strong hand. Pay special attention to the drawing of nats hands. Do not rush into the battle right away and do not play a lot of chips. Be sure to monitor the situation on the table and the size of the stacks. If we want to win the tournament, we must remain calm, and not push and not dump into the pot.
Passive game. Many professionals recommend playing tight at first, because at an early stage there are many beginners whose actions are difficult to predict. However, in a more dynamic online poker, a tight strategy can only do harm. If someone tries to steal the blinds from you, do not try to defend with a medium hand and avoid bluffing. You will be able to do this when trying to steal at later stages, waiting for a good hand, thereby causing a lot of problems to an opponent who is used to your passes.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Obviously, you need a good rest before the tournament. Healthy sleep will allow you to maintain patience and concentration. In my opinion, your result will be at least 70% dependent on your patience and concentration, so obviously these are priority factors. Good luck.

Poker Tips