Tips to play SNG 45 players

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I'm trying to play SNG, I believe that is the best way to build a bankroll, I have played a lot of games styles, I want to focus in impruve my way to play the 45 players.

What do you think about this type of game? What strategies do you use? I managed to get to some final tables, but I know I still have to improve my game a lot, especially in the final part, where I realize that I'm wasting chips or playing unprofitable plays and losing the chance of getting bigger prizes.

Is there a lot of difference between playing the 45pls and the 90pls? my idea is to focus on the 45 players, playing a bit of the 90 and the 180. I will try to get a good volume of games to go up buyin gradually, for now I am playing more 0.50 because it is turbo and I think that this Way will be better for me.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight double up twice when you are sure you the have best hand and you should make cash good luck.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Play these only when you are in good mood. Play tight and I recommend playing two tables at once - just for keeping the concentration high all the time, with so many hands folding.
Good luck :top:

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you manage to collect about ten thousand chips, you can apply for a good prize. This is a very interesting direction, because the fewer participants there are, the more chances to win something. The strategy here is very simple to collect chips and try not to fly out to beat off at least buyin.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play these only when you are in good mood. Play tight and I recommend playing two tables at once - just for keeping the concentration high all the time, with so many hands folding.
Good luck :top:

This is actually a great advice. Playing 2 tables at once to keep focused. In these SnGs it is extremely easy to bust, especially if you are used to shoving or calling light with hands like AJ, AT, KQ and so, that is where patience and focus really kick in. Therefore, keep it tight early, don't be too hasty, even of you don't see a good hand in an orbit or two, it doesn't mean it is not coming.
Whenever such a thing happened to me (not getting cards), I would pick some spot in late position, where I would 3-bet pre-flop with some suited connectors that I would not play usually. I almost always get folds based on an image I have created when not playing 15 hands in a row. Even if I do get called, I take it down 75% of the time by C-betting half the pot on almost any flop.
All that being said, there is always room to pick a few BB here and there, while still keeping it tight in general.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
just try to play very safe, do not despair and make your game, I usually play sng omaha h / l 18 players buy in 1.50 $ I focus on those types of sng, are the ones I like

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play tight at the beginning and double or even triple up,then just wait for best sports

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo cng I do not like they are played quite aggressively, I prefer more with a smooth structure to 0.25

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like more in 45 than 90 or 180 players. Firstly, there are more chances to get into prizes. Secondly, the game does not last long.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really like turbo. Already to the middle, start playing as on the final table. Almost everyone at the table remains + - 10b. Therefore, create pressure if you have a good stack and do not call with marginal hands all in

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think the best advice on these is to review your games with sngwiz or icmizer to make sure you are not making icm mistakes. The 45 mans can have some tricky icm.

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least, SNG45 has no late ragestration!

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way is to be tight in early phase, latter or, when blinds are getting bigger you have to be more and more aggressive.
Ofc, ICM is not so important in this games, since your aim has to be 1st place, so def u need to become maniac on FT.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
my advice is: play calmly and very safely, and try to make a good reading of your opponents so you can apply your strategies,

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difference between 45 and 90 players, is the variance, when more players have a tournament there is more variance.
If you have reached final tables, you've been doing well, to keep improving, you must study the mistakes that you made, when you finish playing, you should spend a few minutes studying the mistakes you made, so you do not ever commit in the future .

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

After finished my army ....i play a lot of snt....the best way for me is tight ....early double up and then patience....You will be ITM for sure.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After finished my army ....i play a lot of snt....the best way for me is tight ....early double up and then patience....You will be ITM for sure.

are you talking about 45 sng players? if you would fold everything after double up you would never be ITM.

Anyway good strategy is be so tight. There are still many recreational players and patience often will pay you off. Rest is about analyze your game using programs like icmizer.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think concept shoud be much different. You are not there to get ITM, but to win it. Simply difference between 1st and 7th place (last one ITM) is too huge..it's better to win one game, then to be 7 times 7th placed..
Soon as blinds go bigger, you simply have to become more aggresive, that is the only way to be in profit in the long run.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play these 45p tournament only with good hand, depending on the water table position and if you have an increase to fold AJ because they will surely have an AA KK so you better give up and espear your time

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing a lot of them then play lose early and tighter as game goes on.

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck you in the game, i prefer MTT, but SNG tournamens easier to start

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play is worth with a good hand, with a big pair at once all in, it is necessary to fill the stack, quickly, then to feel more comfortable

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Just play abc poker and don't do anything fancy , you should spot early in the tournament the calling stations in order to boost your stack. The $0.25/45 are regular speed but I really like the $0.25/90 because they are even slower 15min blind levels and I like this better,making the FT is not so hard.

When you win some of the above and feel like you can generate some profit the next step, if you want to continue with the SNG, is the $1/45 , $1/180.The last one pays almost $50 uptop , not bad for a $1 investment!

After you find how to win them it would be a great idea to multitable. IMHO you can play 4+ tables, the spots after some experience are the same over and over again.

Good Luck

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLAY SNG 45 PLAYERS

I think you're right helps a lot to build a good bankroll try to play their game but will some valuable tips

The game can you favor at the beginning and you fold or raise your chips then play aggressively targeting double triple and so you tend to lead in chips and thus you press when you have 18 players to the final table and the final table with chips presses the stacks smaller the bubble effect

But if we do not succeed in bending and stay with 1k chips attempt to administer the push fold and playing tight to a timely hand where you can double this format can bring you the ITM playing tight

And it has the intermediate line that is not accumulate chips and chip leader but not being short stack where you should play in a position to save a good stack

Good luck there

:jd4:mateuspoker

Poker Tips