Tips for Bankroll

jamielane0331

jamielane0331

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am a novice online poker player and I don't keep a bankroll in my ACR account but I am looking to deposit one. I reckon myself a level 4 or 5 player after 15 years of poker experience. I do OK in online tournamnts. I generally play single table Sit n Go's for about 20 dollars, maybe 5-10 tournaments a week.

My question is.. FOR YOU YOURSELF... if you're playing at that pace how much of a bankroll would YOU try to maintain?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only play 5-10 SnGs a week, it could be an option to not even have a bankroll but just pay out of pocket / paychecks. But if you want to set aside a finite amount for poker, then I would recommend to spend no more than 2% of your bankroll on a STT and no more than 1% on a MTT. So maybe 1.000$ would be reasonable. 20$ is a little high to start online though, so maybe consider to start a little lower but increase volume. With a bit of practice its not to difficult to fire up a set of 4 STTs at the same time and then let the count drop, as usually you bust from some of them.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s depends how safe you want to feel, there are many writings around the internet about bankroll percentage management.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I am a novice online poker player and I don't keep a bankroll in my ACR account but I am looking to deposit one. I reckon myself a level 4 or 5 player after 15 years of poker experience. I do OK in online tournamnts. I generally play single table Sit n Go's for about 20 dollars, maybe 5-10 tournaments a week.

My question is.. FOR YOU YOURSELF... if you're playing at that pace how much of a bankroll would YOU try to maintain?
I just started playing again in March and set aside $200 for a poker BR, which is more than enough for someone playing $1 MTTs (~180 buy-ins). However, I only deposited $25/$200 into my account.

The reason is, I don't need a full $200 to play $1 MTTs and $25 is more than enough to start off with. The remaining $175 is there if I do need to deposit more if things go badly. So, I'm not worried about ever busting my BR that I have deposited but, if I can manage to do well without having to make the full $200 deposit, then that is just as good. Or, it's even better because if I'm able to build up a significant BR, I won't need the other $175 for poker and can apply that money somewhere else.

jamielane0331

jamielane0331

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty good insights on this. Thanks everyone! Say hi if you see me at a table in ACR. HOLLYWOOD90027

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play tournaments with such entry fees then you need to have a bankroll f a fairly large size about 2000 or 5000 dollars.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Tips