Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello I would like to ask how do you manage to keep the level of your game in the long tournaments? I'm playing well but after 4 or 5 hours lose concentration and make mistakes.

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I would like to ask how do you manage to keep the level of your game in the long tournaments? I'm playing well but after 4 or 5 hours lose concentration and make mistakes.
The breaks are very important. I use them to clear my mind, thinking about something else, taking a breath of fresh air, eating and drinking.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also if I run this deep in a tournament, I make sure to not enter any more tournaments, so that in the final stages, where the money really matter, I can concentrate 100%, and I dont get tired from many hours of multitabling.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit go

I also had this problem and could not solve it, so I stopped playing tournaments and started to play (sit go), with a maximum of 180 players, which lasts at most 3 hours end

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First and foremost, you must clearly plan your actions. If you understand that a tournament can last long enough, you should start it well rested and full of strength. This is quite a common mistake - you sit down to play in the evening, for a couple of hours, and after three hours you realize that you have a good stack, a chance to get a fat prize, but for a long time until the end of the tournament.
Therefore - plan your actions, consider the approximate duration of tournaments. In general, this is the main drawback of tournaments before the SNG and cash game.
Choose such tournaments that you can play in full, until the end of the final table. If there is no choice and you have to play a certain satellite ticket tournament, for example. Then get ready in advance. Relax, eat, so as not to be distracted for a long time. Treat such tournaments as serious work that will require time and effort.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I had to play 6.5 hours in a row. It so happened that I had to immediately play in the next tournament for the received ticket in one tournament. And I had to play in the second tournament after midnight at that time which I never play. I ended the game successfully and received a ticket for the next tournament.For all the time of the game I was constantly was in suspense. The tournaments were all very important. I do not remember that I had a loss of concentration and strength. The importance and value of these tournaments maintained me in good and vigorous condition. If you lose your vigilance and concentration, remember how much time you have already spent on this tournament.Was it all in vain and you will ruin the game now? I can assume that each player has his own method to cheer up the body in a long game.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
First, you should clearly plan their actions. If you find that the tournament can last long enough, you must start well rested and full of power. This is a fairly common mistake - sit down to play evening for several hours, and three hours later you realize that you have a good stack chance to get greasy prize, but for a long time until the end of the tournament.
So - plan their actions, consider the approximate duration of the tournament. Overall, this is the main drawback of SNG tournaments before and cash games.
Select any tournaments that you can play completely by the end of the final table. If there is no choice and must play a tournament for satellite tickets, for example.Then get ready in advance. Relax, eat, in order not to distract long time. Treat such tournaments as a serious work that will require time and effort.
Great thank you for the comprehensive response will keep it in mind before sitting down playing evening tournament with a standard length of blinds. I wish you much luck and success at the tables.

I also had this problem and I could not decide, so I stopped playing tournaments and started playing (sit go), with a maximum of 180 players, which last a maximum of three hours to the end
Yes, I suppose it it is also a solution especially for me when someone sit late evenings and in the morning I work. Thank you for the comment.

The breakages are very important. I use them to clear your mind to think of something else to breathe fresh air and to eat and drink.
Yes, I think it really is I read somewhere I do not remember exactly where that although short breaks between breaks should really do something that can keep you fresh in the rest of the tournament.

once I had to play for 6.5 hours in a row. It so happened that I had to immediately play in the next tournament to get a ticket in a tournament. And I had to play the second tournament after midnight at that time I never play. I finished the game successfully and got a ticket for the next tournament. For all the time the game was constantly in tension. The tournaments were very important. I do not remember that I had a loss of concentration and strength. The importance and value of these tournaments held me in good and vigorous condition. If you lose alertness and concentration, remember how much time I've spent in this tournament. Was it all in vain and will destroy the game now?I can assume that each player has his own way to cheer up the body in the long game.
Indeed you are right about everything you say motivation is really something very important. Yes longest time you have spent in a tournament is not worth to be destroyed due to loss of concentration.:burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you need to properly plan and calculate their strength. I can play good tournament 5-6 hours, but if it is followed by more of the same tired my long tournament will not let me play well. Here, I think, it is very specific to each person and the advice of one will not help another.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also lose concentration after 4-5 hours of play in the tournament. That's why I just do not play more than 5 hours a day.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked the same question in reddit a couple of days ago (noticing that I make more mistakes in the 3 to 4 hour mark), just before I joined CardsChat. One of the very interesting suggestions is to not be afraid to sit out a couple of hands, especially from UTG+2 to SB and step away... maybe a change of locations if you are playing online. I think it will be something I’ll be doing if I have a big stack and just want to keep my mind fresh.