thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Finished in the top 100 of the last mini series at Omaha tonight; couldn't quite believe this hand. This is such a dangerous game. Won't be playing it anymore. The only two games in which skill counts for anything are razz and stud hi lo, with a little bit maybe for PLO8, and 5 card stud which can't be found anywhere now.

Attachments

• won.jpg
    won.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 47
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure Omaha is a higher variance game than NLH, because equities tend to run closer, when each player have 4 cards rather than 2. I have to disagree though, that its not a skill game, and NLH is certainly a skill game as well. There are many long term winners in NLH, and if you focus on improving your decision making, you could perhaps also become one of them :)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For sure Omaha is a higher variance game than NLH, because equities tend to run closer, when each player have 4 cards rather than 2. I have to disagree though, that its not a skill game, and NLH is certainly a skill game as well. There are many long term winners in NLH, and if you focus on improving your decision making, you could perhaps also become one of them :)

I'm a long term winner at tournament hold 'em, not by much, but I once won two tournaments in a row - live. Nowadays I only play micro-stakes. Have more important things to do, and only a few more years to do them.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Sometimes it is your turn to be the clown, sometimes not, I don't know if you mean the badbeat. Because in my case I almost always try to play my best or at least that's what I think, but I get busted with bad hands like Q4 K7 102 I'm the clown when I lose against those hands with high pairs 1010 up preflop. preflop I agree to lose to medium pokets but not to those hands ... that makes me a clown.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised a man of such poker experience would be surprised by such a hand,,,maybe you just have forgotten,,, :deal:

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finished in the top 100 of the last mini series at Omaha tonight; couldn't quite believe this hand. This is such a dangerous game. Won't be playing it anymore. The only two games in which skill counts for anything are razz and stud hi lo, with a little bit maybe for PLO8, and 5 card stud which can't be found anywhere now.

You sure love that omaha don't ya darkman. I play it in freerolls, I play sooper tight and usually to pretty well. I doubt I'll ever play for money though - it's just so much of a headache for me. It seems like everyone always has at least 50% equity on the flop. Plus the events take a very long time due to no antes.

Anywway GL with your omaha! ;)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omaha you have to play carefully.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You sure love that omaha don't ya darkman. I play it in freerolls, I play sooper tight and usually to pretty well. I doubt I'll ever play for money though - it's just so much of a headache for me. It seems like everyone always has at least 50% equity on the flop. Plus the events take a very long time due to no antes.

In my humble opinion, the two games that contain real elements of skill are razz and stud hi-lo. Omaha hi-lo too to some extent but a lot less. As for straight Omaha, this is really a game for mugs.

There are other games that may contain elements of skill - 5 card stud does, but who plays it? 7 card stud, a bit. I don't like triple draw or badugi (which isn't really poker) so never play them.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my humble opinion, the two games that contain real elements of skill are razz and stud hi-lo. Omaha hi-lo too to some extent but a lot less. As for straight Omaha, this is really a game for mugs.

There are other games that may contain elements of skill - 5 card stud does, but who plays it? 7 card stud, a bit. I don't like triple draw or badugi (which isn't really poker) so never play them.

Omaha HiLo is PLO8 correct? I prefer that game, though it still lasts hella long time.
Since I'm only in my 2nd year of playing poker I've only played NLHE, pot limit a couple times, PLO and PLO8.
Not familiar with the other forms. Of course I played stud when in high school but it was more of a drinking game!! :D

ACR has a couple daily stud games. One I know for sure (micro/low stakes) is 7 card stud. You might consider checking them out.