Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello I want to ask you if you use the clock in their favor when playing tournaments. Do you have any tricks for example, when there are fewer players to eliminate to cash in. And do you think that these tricks with time worth?:p:p:p

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do use it, to insure I dont bubble. But thats it, unless someone tilts me..LOL I use it to gain my composure:)

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to use my timebank in a game except if it's really needed.. Clock can be very usefull in a poker game to take decision. But, in a strategy, I can wait to the last second before it starts to make a move. Ex : I turn a boat or a quads.. I suspect my opponent to run after a flush...

With time it can be worthy.. it depends on what are your plans doing it.

-TRP-

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello .. there are few tricks yet, I would like more, as far as time is concerned, in online poker this is one of the main elements by which you can characterize the style of your opponent ..

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the clock to my advantage when I am in a tournament with only 2 or 3 tables still playing. In most cases we have passed the bubble and in the money at this stage but the real money is only when you reach the final table. I slow my play down and run out the clock when I plan to fold. I want my table to play slower slow we lose chips to the blinds and antes at a slower rate. In particular, if another table has more players they will see fewer blinds than we will at our table unless we slow play down. I have used this "trick" a number of times and have been successful in reaching the final table more than once. The other big reason to slow down is to protect my chips while the small stacks start going all in and eliminating themselves.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time us someday will ruin!and until we use his-such is life in poker!

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I use clock in bubble/FT, I am short stack and others tables has more players than mine.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I hardly use the TIME bank.

I end up with a lot of time in my bank, but dont use it.

I have to take into account the time angle in futur.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I plan on saving my timebank for later on when I get deeper into a tourney post bubble, I would tend to try and make quicker decisions during the first hour or so of reg. Sometimes if it is approaching the money bubble or at the money bubble, I will use like a quarter of my timebank per hand till it ends up breaking the bubble. It can be the little things that make all the difference.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never tried to use clock while playing - quite interesting to listen about other players experience of using it, thanks! Never thinks of effectiveness of it.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually use the bank of time when there are few players left and I do not have many chips as I would like, I also use it when there are players who have very few chips and it is close to the increase of the blinds, so that it is forced to an all in

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use my time back mostly when I have a decision to make in a hand I am not sure about. It allows me to make better decisions in bigger hand. I could use it on the bubble but dont. I have no issues when it is used by players but rather not use it myself.

Last edited:
A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have stalled before in the hopes that others will bust before me, but where I play most now, once the tournament gets close to the bubble, they switch to hand-for-hand play, so there is zero point in stalling.

But otherwise...why wouldn't you?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before hand for hand mode, people would run the clock out at the bubble.

I usually just play.