The table of the sloths

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You ever get near ITM and everyone in the table is short stack trying to make it to the money?

It is hilarious to watch, 1 hand can take up wards of 5-6 minutes. You have people using all their timer, disconnect timer. God forbids someone go into the pot. Max timer per check by everyone.

I reminds me of Zootopia Sloth working at the DMV. Everything goes SUPER SLOWMOOOOO.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but often the play is hand-for-hand so there is no advantage to doing this.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I see that often too, they are trying to go to the hand-for-hand, and it pays off, many player make it to the money like this, especially if medium stacks bust-out with coolers, last time a player with 1,5 bb made it ITM. If i was short stack i would do the same.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think time is a tool at our disposal and it is a good strategy to use it. when you are short stack because it can allow you to reach ITM places.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I do not like it when players start to delay time and try to grab prizes. It kills the spirit of the game and seems like self-doubt.:)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this is normal and they are holding at least the buy in of the tournament and it didn't work out for them the strategy of reaching itm with enough chips!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its part of the game so better get used to it! When I am short stacked I want to see more hands so I can double up. Try to play my way out to win not just place!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes stalling near the bubble happen, and its part of tournament strategy. If you never do it, then you are probably not winning at as high a rate, as you could. I am not saying, that you should always try to fold into the money, but if for instance you are a middling stack, and the table chip leader is on your direct left, that is not a situation, where you want to play a lot of hands, until the bubble has burst. So if you dont stall, you are basically giving away chips to other players.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh don’t get me wrong I blind I with less than ante left stalling. I bubble out doing the same too. Every often you are playing for min cash.

It is especially crushing playing hyper or Sat. So many people are in the sub 3bb range near the bubble.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sloths

Been there and seen this as well and yes it is annoying to me as well . Even if I am on the bubble I don't use all my time to stall to try to get ITM.

GL ALL! :D

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes stalling near the bubble happen, and its part of tournament strategy. If you never do it, then you are probably not winning at as high a rate, as you could. I am not saying, that you should always try to fold into the money, but if for instance you are a middling stack, and the table chip leader is on your direct left, that is not a situation, where you want to play a lot of hands, until the bubble has burst. So if you dont stall, you are basically giving away chips to other players.

You could not have said this any better. There are many times where you are handcuffed whether it is because of the stack you have or the players at your table and their position on you. If it is an advantage to see less hands, and many times it will be, you should do what you legally can to see less hands. Let the other players at the table worry about themselves. If they do not like it then they can not like it. I don't think any of play poker to try to make life easier on our opponents.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s smarter to play slower and be ITM than to stay out of money. It happens that on other tables, the players "steal time" by interrupting the connection and you finished tournament out of money in an incorrect way.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens quite often and I think there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone wants to get their share of the prize money.

Slots Guide - Free Slots - Mobile Slots - Slots.lv