Table selection

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the criteria that one should follow when selecting a S&G table,
assuming you stick to buy-ins inline with your BR.
For example is it better to choose a single table with 6 players or a multi table with a larger number of players?
The payoff is better with the larger number of players but the competition is probably tougher and the play time will be longer.
Are there any other criteria to consider?

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people consider a SnG a single table game. There is a very specific strategy people use. Even though it is called a SnG when you get to more tables it really falls into a MTT strategy, pretty much a small tournament. With choosing a table in a single table game it can help to take good notes on players and see if you recognize players signing up so you can exploit weaker players. This is done a lot in cash games.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting, had never thought about this side.
Most people consider a SnG a single table game. There is a very specific strategy people use. Even though it is called a SnG when you get to more tables it really falls into a MTT strategy, pretty much a small tournament. With choosing a table in a single table game it can help to take good notes on players and see if you recognize players signing up so you can exploit weaker players. This is done a lot in cash games.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like more those of 6 and 18 players, less playing time and I feel more comfortable playing those sng

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When selecting tables it is necessary to understand that the main profit is obtained in the game against weak players, so it's better to play less tables, but in profit.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Try different. And play those games where you can show your best game and win more money.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.
I don't really know at this point what kind of game I am best at.I played a number of spin & go games and won 1 in 4. So it turns out to have been a bad table choice since they only pay 2 to 1.
I will now try, for a while, S&G where the pay out is better than 4 to 1.