Table consolidation

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying to figure out some sort of system for the table consolidations in MTTs on both global poker and ACR. So far all I have noticed is that. When a 9max tourneys drops from 28 to 27 players... on global poker to immediately consolidates down to 3 tables, as apposed to on ACR it seems to play another hand or 2 sometimes before consolidation. What I'm REALLY trying to figure out is if there is a pattern. Ie tables consolidate to lowered numbered tables( not the case)

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is on acr i fugured out where they seat the next player to register.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to figure out some sort of system for the table consolidations in MTTs on both global poker and ACR. So far all I have noticed is that. When a 9max tourneys drops from 28 to 27 players... on global poker to immediately consolidates down to 3 tables, as apposed to on ACR it seems to play another hand or 2 sometimes before consolidation. What I'm REALLY trying to figure out is if there is a pattern. Ie tables consolidate to lowered numbered tables( not the case)

That is interesting. This doesn't make much since either. Every room I have played at in the past has always immediately consolidated once there was enough players to fill a certain amount of tables completely...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have seen a table not consolidate right away but usually it is because a hand is being played and that table is still playing the hand. When I have seen it happen it was just after the cards were dealt to the table and 2 players get knock out at other tables. Again its rare and I have only seen it when I was at a table that was just dealt the cards.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to know that if you are willing the share :)
when in a lobby for a mtt scroll down to the last table with the fewest players that where they put the next player. i late register for mtt alot of times one could late reg and get the right seat where you dont have a blind until 5-6 hands later, that could be enough to get you into the money. where as if you sit at the wrong time your next hand could be in the blinds. huge advantage.

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when in a lobby for a mtt scroll down to the last table with the fewest players that where they put the next player. i late register for mtt alot of times one could late reg and get the right seat where you dont have a blind until 5-6 hands later, that could be enough to get you into the money. where as if you sit at the wrong time your next hand could be in the blinds. huge advantage.
Thank you! I agree. With a late reg being sat at the right spot can be very very big!

J

johnltakacs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each cardroom has a program designed to decide at which points tables consolidate just like live tourneys...be careful with sites that don't consolidate at consistent intervals

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed since I last played .Winning poker network now uses the 1st table in lobby with the least amount of players. Not the last table as I noted in an earlier post here in this thread.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never been able to figure this out, on any site that i play on (acr, ignition, carbon, intertops) - it used to drive me insane, until i realized that it was just dumb luck and that i really needed to stop worrying about it, since it was totally out of my control and that i was already pretty invested in the tournament if i was even questioning the sites table move behavior... but it took me a long time to let go!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It seems to be a system of tables changing generally in the game. Maybe it is counting and other parameters before consolidate tables like the stacks.

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never been able to figure this out, on any site that i play on (acr, ignition, carbon, intertops) - it used to drive me insane, until i realized that it was just dumb luck and that i really needed to stop worrying about it, since it was totally out of my control and that i was already pretty invested in the tournament if i was even questioning the sites table move behavior... but it took me a long time to let go!
I dont think my interest is hurting my game, or needs to be "let go" I'm not counting on it to win. However when the information is available, I will take it and use it.