Survival Mode?

Mendo

Mendo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anybody played in those "Survival Mode" tournaments on ACR?

Is there anything I should know about them?

How does the strategy differ from regular tournaments?

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push loose with blinds big to be alive and there's not much need to get involved early in the game. at least I'm playing this way , survival poker :)

Mendo

Mendo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! I just tried my first one last night it was CRAZY. I don't know if I will try again

They don't explain what it is very well in the lobby. There are periods (I'm not sure if they are separate levels or periods within each level) where the blinds go up 10x or more! It took me a while to figure out what was going on. I was doing great but lost a few flips consecutively. oh well CRAZY!

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! I just tried my first one last night it was CRAZY. I don't know if I will try again

They don't explain what it is very well in the lobby. There are periods (I'm not sure if they are separate levels or periods within each level) where the blinds go up 10x or more! It took me a while to figure out what was going on. I was doing great but lost a few flips consecutively. oh well CRAZY!

I tried one tournament last night too, that was really crazy. I will never try this kind of tournaments again, for sure. And yes, another bad thing about these tourneys is that they don't even explain well what's going on in these tourneys, what is the blind structure, how frequently these crazy kind of blind levels appear during the tourney, and so on. I tried to find detailed info in the lobby and found JUST NOTHING. Maybe onyone there could give us the link where we can find more info about all that stuff?

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought the tournament was broken when the blinds kept jumping up and down. I finally figured out this was how the tournament is supposed to be after contacting support. I guess the strategy is to pray for a good hand when the blinds jump up and hang onto your hat!

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play them I usually max late reg. With the add on you end up with just over 15bb. After the add on it turns it into normal tournament.

Mendo

Mendo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do the prizes warrant paying for the add-on? I've always shied away from add-ons in most cases. not sure about these.

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such MTTs, only two things can win you over, the first thing is to play with very good hands like AK and AQ. The second thing is to be aggressive. If you have a good stack, give a lot of raise so you can keep yourself in ITM.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played them a few times since the one's I've played have super micro buy-ins, so I'm not too bummed if I bust out quickly. The rules are a unique wrinkle and if I start playing from the beginning of the tournament, it would be a thing to account as I play. That being said, I usually join at the absolute latest I can in the final round to avoid those super high blinds near the end and just go into post-late registration with only a few blinds to work with and try my luck.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I agreee with pushing with blinds, but staying conservative in the eraly stages. Remember , its called survival.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You should be carefull with late registration , eneter only after the big blinds change to the small ones , or else you will be almost all in in 2-3 hands:) Have a good shove fold strategy , be carefull close to the FT , you could be out and all this time go to waste , easily with a wrong shove , especially wrong call when the blinds are too high . Be carefull of position and blind level/stack/time until next blind change :)

ogMaxVoltage

ogMaxVoltage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 15% of hands early later 30% of hands. All pairs with high blinds. @arthurbarbato

what's that method?
Top 15% early. Position early to avoid diluting your advantage. Late expand your range fold in early position if raises are 3XBB early unless you have Q.Qob.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to play tight in the beginning, and play tight-aggressive in the middle and late stages.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When blinds go big, all in with any A, any broadway card, suited connectors, suied gaper…, trying to pick up blinds and double up, triple up. Definitely have to be loose and prepare for rebuying