Super tight

DannyWhite

DannyWhite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive played one tournament and I met on the table Japan player sooo tight that this is impossible for me ... He was with me since begin and every time he rise all table fold but he does rise 1/40 hands when players have like 10xhis stack he lost with QQ again random weak hand...Question is that good soooo tight and that what I saw is just badluck or stupid strategy?:confused:

Drewha

Drewha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no one strategy that is suitable for all players. Someone's results are better if he plays aggressively. Someone has the opposite. Find this Japanese on the site of poker statistics and there you will find the answer. The results will say for themselves.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
For micro stakes being tight is a solid strategy because the vast majority of the players are not observing and there is no need to balance any ranges and stuff like that. But if you want to survive in bigger stakes then you must adapt your strategy and be more careful about the frequencies you open , you 3 bet or you 4bet!

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So tight is never good, sometimes its the best strategy to play a little tighter because of various reasons, but so tight no. He could be completely card death though. But even then i'd like to open a little lighter because of my tight image.