Super cautious strategy

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I am testing a very careful game. Enter the hand with only good caps of the 15% range. Do not bluff, with a good match rate of 33%. Play full stack only with nuts or ready strong hand. Do you think this will help you win at low limits??

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I am testing a very careful game. Enter the hand with only good caps of the 15% range. Do not bluff, with a good match rate of 33%. Play full stack only with nuts or ready strong hand. Do you think this will help you win at low limits??
I think this strategy works better at higher limits.
at micro to lowstakes people tend to gamble way more . often it will only end in frustration if you wait only for the perfect spots

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tight and value oriented strategy is enough to secure a positive winrate in the micros, but not the highest possible winrate. Also its a pretty big problem, if you are not positionally aware. A VPIP of 15% is a bit on the tight side but sort of ok for 8-handed or 9-handed tables. But this is as an average. From UTG a reasonable VPIP is closer to 10%, and if it folds to you on BTN, you should be opening something like 40% of hands in most situations.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Both responses above is good advice, and I’m assuming you are talking about tournaments as you will be driven pretty mad at low limits cash. You’ll also struggle at short handed tables finding you get chipped away at quickly. You either need to find the games that suit your preferred style of that play (longer blinds and 8/9 tables). You still will struggle I reckon with such a small range as you’ll find yourself targeted by player s like myself when I realise your mitted up... I target 101 players religiously I’m afraid.. I’m such villain lol.....