sunday storm

Redhammer749

Redhammer749

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
just wondering how can there be 700 k guaranteed when most sats of .55 cent have an average of 175 to 200 entries or thats what ive seen in most and they give 30 to 50 seats so im assuming that 10 % of the 7700 entries so far have freerolled in and im assuming the other 7000 have got in thru sat at this point so just see there was 181 entered in .55cent 38 tickets value is $ 418 TOTAL entry fee 99.55 for 181 players are they not losing $$ so it would require at least 800 players to cover ticket cost for this sat I personally haven't see any sats with enough to cover ticket cost and the list of sats there will be1280 more sat in so im assuming they need at least50- 55000 more players to register @ $11 to cover 700k guaranteed

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am also curious to see if there will be a serious overlay or not.

They fire away so many satellites cause this tournament has a minimum requirement of 17k players. Without those, the tournament will not even start.

There will be 4h40 of late registration and rebuys. So they'll do their best to advertise any potential overlay to reduce it as good as they can. ☺️

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can afford to lose some money it like rake payback to the players on the site, and maybe pull in new players.

UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
One thing I know for sure is poker stars is not going to give away free money. You have no idea how many full price tickets will be bought before or during the buy-in period.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
pokerstars is giving away a few 1000 tickets but these are already paid for through the regular satellites to this event. these tickets are not worth much in my eyes and from my experience. I've already won a few tickets but almost never won anything in the target tournament only when I buy in directly. However, Pokerstars will still need a lot of re-entries to reach the stated prize pool.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They need 71429 entries into this, before 'making' the gtd and considering they are literally giving away loads of seats too, the reality is it will need to be higher. I think these kind of tourneys are semi loss leaders anyway. They encourage new players, returning players, and players like me to to play above the average buy in. Maybe I keep playing higher levels? Or play more often?

Stars rarely have much overlay historically, but on this occasion I do think there could be. Plus they will make plenty of rake on the event itself, plus all the satties....but I think it mostly encourages more regular play from new and existing customers.