Sunday Storm

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NICE! I wish they would mix up the Sunday Storms like that more often where they change the format of it. Keep the prize pool and buy in the same but maybe adjust the type of tournament once in a while. That was fun.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good deep passages in tournaments. But, unfortunately, you are not lucky in the future distributions. I wish you deep passes and fewer coolers.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, KK and AA cracked never fun. Always easy to re-think how you played these in hindsight, but just some unfortunate hands. Good job overall, though.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all will return, good luck guys and thanks

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
had a terrible run yesterday , at the sunday storm i lost a chunk of my chips first vs J5o that called a raise and out of position and did hit a double , then i was on the big blind i check i flopped a set i raise i get called with nothing then villain hits a runner runner full house and take me out and like if it wasnt enough in the mini sunday storm i got kicked KK vs 55 , and a 5 did hit the flop :(

Mike Bohanna

Mike Bohanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Alex thanks for posting up some of your hands. You had a pretty good run of cards for the first part looking at the Boom history.

Im going to reflect on a minor tweek I made to my game that increased my results in tournaments.
The way you played some of the hands above would be absolutely fine in the early stages of a tournament and flushes, Straights etc making a small investment and flopping a monster is correct play. However later on I realised that it is the players you need to play not the cards. Limping or calling now should be reduced significantly as now we have anties in play and the moves are well timed raises and re-raises not flat calls. playing this way will keep your stack out of major trouble and allow you to fold to major aggression if your hand is less than premium. Concentrate on stealing from position and add the odd re raise in for obvious blind steal attempts and reduce limping and speculative calls.

Once I realised this my game improved dramatically.

Great hands and keep up the fight :)

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
had a terrible run yesterday , at the sunday storm i lost a chunk of my chips first vs J5o that called a raise and out of position and did hit a double , then i was on the big blind i check i flopped a set i raise i get called with nothing then villain hits a runner runner full house and take me out and like if it wasnt enough in the mini sunday storm i got kicked KK vs 55 , and a 5 did hit the flop :(
bad luck , gl today ;)

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanx Mike, i know what i doing, sometimes in same game u must change playstyle ;)

Mike Bohanna

Mike Bohanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanx Mike, i know what i doing, sometimes in same game u must change playstyle ;)
We all do that's the challenge im certainly not a perfect player that's for sure in fact one of my biggest flaws is BR management

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanx to all ;)
good luck at the tables

K

kasijas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You add nice hands.
The last one is interesting.
I would check on the river and probably opponent would bet.

Mike Bohanna

Mike Bohanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys, i play well 4 weeks sunday storm and im in the money :)) but no have luck
with strong cards in finish...
some hand ,yesterday i played in Storm :)
https://www.boomplayer.com/30665204_4E2DC601DB
https://www.boomplayer.com/30666181_5B6584E12D
https://www.boomplayer.com/30666637_82F2814E6A
good luck guys at the tables
:top::icon_joke

Some good hands there played well. I personally feel the last one was a real coin flip for stacks AK yes a great hand but not a made hand to call off all of your stack as deep as you were at that point. Just my opinion though

However It might be worth playing your exit hands to see if this is how your going out! I did this once and adjusted my game seeing instant results. sometimes going for the blinds and anites mid tourney is better play at this point of a large field tourney.

Good luck with your future tournaments:top:!

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK in the BB is fine, I don't know what Mike is talking about. As proven by the guy shoving with KJ. What else should you do, fold the best hand, I think not.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo is the best Ace-hi hand, a drawing hand with Ace-hi potential, and a lower equity flip to any pair (of which there are many). All-in pre-flop is a great way to play it in some situations but it's also over-valued by a lot of players in general, IMHO.

It's a great hand to risk your tournament life with if your tournament life is already at risk.

Last edited:
Mike Bohanna

Mike Bohanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK in the BB is fine, I don't know what Mike is talking about. As proven by the guy shoving with KJ. What else should you do, fold the best hand, I think not.

I will elaborate on what I am talking about. (An opinion) Just like yours but a different approach to chipping up Mid game with less risk!

AK is over valued a lot! its not a made hand unless we hit the flop and versus any pocket pair we are usually behind even with 22 this is a mathematical fact!

As you mention in the BB putting this guy on KJ would be a call and I agree, but we don't know what this person holds until showdown. my comment was that if you are a gambler then call all day long and people do all day long call with this hand in any position but there are better approaches to chipping up Mid play than flipping for stacks. . As I stated in the post when I finally realised this from my play and adjusted my runs got a lot deeper. how many times has your AK knocked you out? I bet this is around 50% of the time.

"You cant win a tournament early on but you can lose it"
;)