Suggested Ranges For Small Stacks MTT

W

whyalwaysme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Are there any suggested ranges for a tight-aggressive player that playing small stacks MTTs?

Thanks in advance!

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I successfully play 10-15 BB push. carefully select the range and monitor your image and situation) success!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean small stakes MTT tips or advice for playing with a short effective stack like 10bb? I'll give one tip for each:

Small Stakes MTT Range: From early position with an ante, raise approximately a range of 55+ AJo+ A9s+ KQo+ JTs+

If you're folding hands like 77, AQo, ATs, or KQs from under-the-gun, you're probably playing too tight (assuming there's an ante).

Short Stack Range: With 10bb UTG and an ante, shove the "magic range" of 22+, A2s+, JTs+, as well as similar-strength hands like A9o+ and KJo+.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are several variables to be analyzed before calculating a suitable range for a tournament, since it is not possible to use the same range for everyone, it is necessary to make modifications according to the speed of the blinds, types of opponents, prizes and etc. .

If you are talking about a regular tournament, I advise you to play only strong hands, being able to open raise with 14BB or more, less than 14BB I would go for push or fold, but you can try to open, knowing that no matter what appear on the flop you will go allin, this is a strategy to try to bring an opponent into the hand, since you have an excellent hand, running the risk of your opponent having a good call on the flop.

Above 20BB I believe it is ideal, you can play it cool, but you can't open too much and it's hard to go 3bet or 4bet, because it will compromise the stack a lot, unless you have monster hands, the best would be 3bet or 4bet allin in other cases just fold your hand.

If you are already ITM, you have the possibility to play for a better placement, and to get out of that push or fold rule a little bit, maybe it is good to play even with 6BB due to ICM, you can take as an example a final table with 3 players with a similar amount of chips with yours, you raise and fold if all of them are involved in the hand can guarantee you a better placement than just calling with a hand that in general may be dominated.