Studying

C

Curtis Beamon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Ryan
I play three or four times a week I was just wondering how to study for this game I really can’t get out to meet people One or two things would really help me I play on American card room and mostly free rolls for about a year my bank roll he is roughly $300 so far just don’t know how to study so anything would be helpful thanks 🙏

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello Ryan
I play three or four times a week I was just wondering how to study for this game I really can’t get out to meet people One or two things would really help me I play on American card room and mostly free rolls for about a year my bank roll he is roughly $300 so far just don’t know how to study so anything would be helpful thanks 🙏

Welcome to our community.
No doubt, here you will find a lot of useful material to improve your skills and learn the game. First of all, pay attention to our free course.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
In addition, if you are a fairly active member of our community, you will be able to gain significant benefits.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...t-silver-level-platinum-freeroll-club-452867/
Good luck.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the first and most important thing is the experience of the game, when you play a lot and get a lot of situations to study, when you play correctly, when you don't. There are a lot of opponents and it's impossible to study each one, you have to be able to find weaknesses during the tournament. Try to play from yourself style and game plan. If you have collected a bankroll well in a year of playing, then you know and understand how to play. Take your time, gradually you will get a good level of play for yourself.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buy some of the top poker e books and put them on your phone. E books are only a few dollars on amazon and you can read them in your spare time when you got a few minutes during your day.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Utilise the various materials on cardschat, get your hands on poker strategy books (the more the merrier), watch videos on YouTube and things of this nature.

Be selective with your source material and work through the various concepts/tactics and then start practicing/implementing them in your play.

Posts spots/hands in the hand analysis sections of cardschat to get feedback on what you're doing.

Bear in mind that studying/learning poker is a constant process of refinement rather than something we ever master, achieve or 'complete'.

Even top pros spend time in the lab, studying, using solvers and the suchlike.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Twitch streams. It's really helpfull and free of charge.

C

Curtis Beamon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Ryan

Ok cool

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Ryan
I play three or four times a week I was just wondering how to study for this game I really can’t get out to meet people One or two things would really help me I play on American card room and mostly free rolls for about a year my bank roll he is roughly $300 so far just don’t know how to study so anything would be helpful thanks ��

So study short stack play (< 40BB) - you need to master 40BB, 20-25BB, and 10BB, 5BB - focus on when to call - shoving too loose or too tight is usually a small mistake; calling too tight or too wide is a disaster; and study ICM. For ICM study especially bubble play (money bubble and final table bubble) and final table play. You will often spend a large percentage of the tournament at 20BB.

Most of the shove/call a shove can be learned from Snapshove (subscription) or Preflop+ (free version has both shoves and calls, but subscription is worthwhile), for ICM - ICMizer is a common recommendation (It is a subscription to use the quiz based trainer).

Last edited:
StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2+2 Publishing has a whole library of Hold "em books, along with studies of specific hands. My favorite is "Harrington on Hold 'em." I've learned a lot here.