STT are nittier

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing HUSNG for a couple days and getting beat a lot, mostly varience, but I noticed these players are tighter than I remember from black friday.
I've been all-in OTF and preflop probably a hundred times and only been called 15 times, something like that. So I'm winning a ton of chips with no showdown, and all in EV is good, but if I ran good my hourly would still suck because these games are running too long.
It used to be when the blinds got a little high in these structures, calling and shoving ranges were wider.
Anyone else notice this?

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've actually noticed the opposite. People shoving and calling a lot wider in the last couple of years. What stakes do you play?

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is micro on acr. Its pretty shocking to me how tight they are playing

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

So you are worried about your hourly rate while playing micro on acr? How does that work, you would like to make 50 cents per hour, but since your opponents are a bunch of nits, your rate drops to 37 cents?

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you are worried about your hourly rate while playing micro on acr?

Im not a pro or anything, bit it sucks to wait until blinds are at 25/50 when people will start calling it off with top pair good kicker, A6+. I remember stacks used to go in at earlier blind levels with top pair and a backdoor straight, stuff like that.

MrAwesme

MrAwesme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove City

People are shoving anything in the 6 max hyper any Ax hands or Kx it's quite a shocking to see really if I'm to be honest.. really ruins the game when maniacs start picking up hands with rubbish

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I think the shove range in micro SnG's is a lot wider, I played one $1.50 buy-in this morning with a guy that shoved three hands in a row with A5o, K5s, and T9s and won two of the hands. Maybe it varies by site but I think it's really something you gotta watch out for, especially on sites where the people coming into the micro SnG's win money in freerolls playing bingo poker lol

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play HU cash game you can choose your opponents,you can leave anytime you are ahead,the variance is much lower,you are not stuck with sharks which dominate the HUSNG scene. Why are you playing HUSNG and not HU cash??

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ACR has sharks at the micros as much as the high limits. It is their Sit-N-Crush promotion.

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play HU cash game you can choose your opponents,you can leave anytime you are ahead,the variance is much lower,you are not stuck with sharks which dominate the HUSNG scene. Why are you playing HUSNG and not HU cash??

I will consider it, I do play hu polo cash. I wasnt aware these were sharks, they seem to be playing exploitatively tight, as my wins without showdown seems to be too high.
The weakest holding ive seen them call a preflop jam with over 25 bb was QQ
Are sharks check raising a flop then folding to a jam in your experience?
I've had that happen and one time hilariously when he needed to call 400 in a pot of ~1000, just working off memory. This guy tried 3 betting air when I had like a 14 bb stack lol.

wuffeli

wuffeli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, you are correct. That is just because people take them generally way more seriously because of the higher % to win.

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, switched to the turbo HUSNG and running a lot better. punishment time for folding too much!!