STT %BR one Session

S

Sido_Obc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Everybody,
I started Grinding STT 3 weeks ago and everything went very well, now I'm facing a little downswing I Think what make think about some Questions :
- How much % of our BR we can invest in one session ? (I used 12-15%)
- How much session we permit our self in a day using the % above ?
- If we feel that it's a bad swing move down the limite immediately even if we have more than 60-70 Buyins ?
- What is the average ROI and ITM at the STTs ?

Thank You.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, welcome to cardschat, my thought on your questions:
1) for STT, some 5%, otherwise variance may kill your bankroll
2) no limit, stop playing when you are no longer at your best
3) bad swing? you or the room/opponents? if you: stop, if not you: that's random, keep going
4) depends the skills, at higher stakes the ROI reduces, but maybe more $/hour

S

Sido_Obc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You said 5% and I'm using a rule of 50buyins, so if I'm playing STT 11$ with a bankroll of 700$ I can play only 3 STT at a time ? (It's a very low % I think)
Or play till I Lost the 3 buyins and stop for the day ? (Still very low)Because before I played MTTs and register with 12% of my BR for the day.(with the rull of 100Buyins).

For your question I think More it's because of the Room because I'm often playing at 2 rooms at a time and till now didn't face a bad day at the 2 rooms.

Thank you for your Help ?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably missunderstood something, I thought you were playing 10-15% of BR as buy-in, that was why I said that is bit high.
With the 5% I mentioned and you play 3 STT at the same time it is still 5% buy-in, multi tabling does not matter.
Obviously: if you play worse multitabling, your chance of winning goes down, not a good idea.
Only remaining risk is you getting disturbed, loss of internet, etc. But with your <15% per STT session (multitable total) you still should be ok.

As far as I know your strategy is ok, on the safe side, with each buy-in some 1% of BR for STT.

All statistics assume random cards, but I've seen people multitable at 1 room against the same opponents, which gets tricky. Multi room should solve that.
As far as I know you should expect few bad days in a row, just because of statistics.

S

Sido_Obc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you get right, that's why I love switching rooms especially for players who loves to play to play a lot. Thank you for your Help.

S

Sido_Obc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What about the ROI ?
I compare @sharkscope my ROI with other reg player who have between 2 and 4 and mine is 7 even after the bad swing, that's why I wanted to ask because I don't know where I read that in STT it must be around 12.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about the ROI ?
I compare @SharkScope my ROI with other reg player who have between 2 and 4 and mine is 7 even after the bad swing, that's why I wanted to ask because I don't know where I read that in STT it must be around 12.
Check this thread, from the cc pro!
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/ask-ryan-laplante-about-tournaments-353915/
Whats a good ROI for a tourney grinder?
60%+ in micros, 40%+ in lows, 25%+ in mids, 10%+ in highs
--unquote