Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
What strategy do you use in the Hyper freerolls on PS or 888?
Due to the small starting stack and the rapid blind structure, you don't have much time to wait for premium hands.
On the other hand, all the more annoying when you already have AA or KK and are then knocked out of the tournament by a pain-free gambler with 82o.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They are horrible to play. I don’t find that there is any consistency of any kind to be gain or related to the play of them. Furthermore it turns most players into bingo oriented players which then spills out into all the lower limit games. I’ve recently started playing on Party after doing he rounds looking for a client that better fits my live heavy type of poker play. Still playing on Stars but limiting it to cash, cc games and sats to larger comps of longer blind limits alongside larger stacks. It’s a shame but I’m glad I’ve finally realised and making online work for me rather than the other way round.

Those freerolls are enough to ruin you game potential as all logic goes out the window for many and it resembles those social media orientated poker donk fests.

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
in pokerstars easy - dont play them :unsure:
in 888 - it is usually :sleep: entire tournament (and still winning some money) or actually playing but using the ultimate timewasting etc especially when ITM-places are even closer) ...

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
in pokerstars easy - dont play them :unsure:
in 888 - it is usually :sleep: entire tournament (and still winning some money) or actually playing but using the ultimate timewasting etc especially when ITM-places are even closer) ...
I know PS is only brutal gambling. 888 i got a few tickets, but cant earn money.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the best thing is to accept that you aren't going to be playing standard poker, google pushbot charts for hyper turbos, really all you can do is pick your spots and hope to get a stack early....... but yeah basically don't get too stressed over a crapshoot, there's always another one starting soon👍

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can't avoid marginal spots in hyper-turbo tournaments. You will be forced to go all-in with not so good hands. There is no way to avoid it. You will go far when you are lucky. Therefore, do not be frustrated, try it just for fun, to see many bad beats (between other players, but also that you will take and give).

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I only play on PS and yes the freerolls are hard! but I always buy a rebuy directly from games where it is worthwhile and then you can play relatively normally. this tournament as an example is worthwhile.

Attachments

• Screenshot (108).png
    Screenshot (108).png
    976.7 KB · Views: 10
GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't want to brag, I just want to show that with a bit of luck you can win twice in a row and have tournament money of $11.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot (109).png
    Screenshot (109).png
    951.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (110).png
    Screenshot (110).png
    48.5 KB · Views: 5
GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Unfortunately, the first ticket was not successful. like so often:poop:

Attachments

• Screenshot (113).png
    Screenshot (113).png
    683.2 KB · Views: 9
Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I only play on PS and yes the freerolls are hard! but I always buy a rebuy directly from games where it is worthwhile and then you can play relatively normally. this tournament as an example is worthwhile.
Since the variance in Hyper Freerolls is so great, I've never rebuyed. It's happened to me enough times with premium hands that I've lost big stacks when a lucky guy hits his 1-outer.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
You can't avoid marginal spots in hyper-turbo tournaments. You will be forced to go all-in with not so good hands. There is no way to avoid it. You will go far when you are lucky. Therefore, do not be frustrated, try it just for fun, to see many bad beats (between other players, but also that you will take and give).
I am fully aware that luck must be challenged even with marginal hands. My knack for the right time, however, obviously has major flaws.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I think the best thing is to accept that you aren't going to be playing standard poker, google pushbot charts for hyper turbos, really all you can do is pick your spots and hope to get a stack early....... but yeah basically don't get too stressed over a crapshoot, there's always another one starting soon👍
Thanks for the tip with the push charts.
And yes, freerolls start all the time, so the trouble is gone.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the first levels, I still wait for a very good hand and go all in. But after level 6-7 if you still didn't double up at least, there isn't much you can do than wait for an acceptable hand and go all in.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On the first levels, I still wait for a very good hand and go all in. But after level 6-7 if you still didn't double up at least, there isn't much you can do than wait for an acceptable hand and go all in.
And in such super-fast tournaments with a bunch of participants and an ultra-short stack, I immediately put all-in )))

If you're lucky enough to triple your stack (or even ×5 - ×7))), then you can start playing tight, and if you get knocked out of the tournament, you'll just save time.

P.S. I mean freerolls ))

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In principle, I also follow this strategy. Unfortunately, it is only in the extended bubbling phase that the players are not quite as crazy anymore.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
And in such super-fast tournaments with a bunch of participants and an ultra-short stack, I immediately put all-in)))

If you're lucky enough to triple your stack (or even ×5 - ×7))), then you can start playing tight, and if you get knocked out of the tournament, you'll just save time.

P.S. I mean freerolls))
I've already succeeded a few times with my first hand 4 or 5 times. However, if card death then occurs and the few good hands are flattened by the maniacs, that doesn't help either.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Another try today I hope it works :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (125).png
    Screenshot (125).png
    741.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (126).png
    Screenshot (126).png
    526.7 KB · Views: 6
jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
As much as it weighs me down, I must give the right to

Risto234

aka Bolo Young the karate kid of Cardschat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: a joke bro hahaha I love you Risto brother

Since I only play on PS I'm talking about PS.
I don't play those tournaments anymore.
I have realized that they are a huge waste of time.
They are not even used for entertainment, only to threaten you as you say.
You have AA or KK you go all-in and some idiot calls you with 82o and takes you out.
It does not make any sense.
It is preferable to play The Freerolazo or the PS Community Tournaments or some other.
Logically discounting the CardsChat MTTs in which the level of play is very good.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hyper turbos are just an ICM test.

The best way to study for them is with an ICM tool like sngwiz or Icmizer.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What strategy do you use in the Hyper Freerolls on PS or 888?
Due to the small starting stack and the rapid blind structure, you don't have much time to wait for premium hands.
On the other hand, all the more annoying when you already have AA or KK and are then knocked out of the tournament by a pain-free gambler with 82o.
I think there is no need to look for logic here. In such tournaments, everything is simple, you either play a certain range, or you play all hands in a row. It is unrealistic to count on something in such tournaments, it is a lottery.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hello brother
As much as it weighs me down, I must give the right to

Risto234

aka Bolo Young the karate kid of Cardschat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: a joke bro hahaha I love you Risto brother

Since I only play on PS I'm talking about PS.
I don't play those tournaments anymore.
I have realized that they are a huge waste of time.
They are not even used for entertainment, only to threaten you as you say.
You have AA or KK you go all-in and some idiot calls you with 82o and takes you out.
It does not make any sense.
It is preferable to play The Freerolazo or the PS Community Tournaments or some other.
Logically discounting the CardsChat MTTs in which the level of play is very good.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
You are of course absolutely right. I only play these HyperFreerolls on the side when I'm playing cash games or CC tournaments anyway.
With the exception of those limited to 80 participants. There is a much better chance of getting a ticket. I've already been able to get a few.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hyper turbos are just an ICM test.

The best way to study for them is with an ICM tool like sngwiz or Icmizer.

ICM is certainly a good approach, but unfortunately it doesn't really do anything with this way of playing bingo.