Strategy for fast MTTs

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. that i need to find a solution or learn more how to best play in a MTT that has 5 minute blinds. In those games, it seems you look up and you only have 7 blinds left.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep with shorter blinds luck is more importent.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I learned that even if you pay perfect 👍 you will only cash 💵 %20 or the time.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep with shorter blinds luck is more importent.
your rght about that.. Im not sure yet but i am beginning to think you just need to jump in and hope you dont get beat by some guying jamming4/6

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1. that i need to find a solution or learn more how to best play in a MTT that has 5 minute blinds. In those games, it seems you look up and you only have 7 blinds left.

Adjusting ranges according to stack sizes... our's and the others in the hand and on the table. Picking your spots.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya know Poker Orifice,
last nite i played in a turbo and in the middle of a hand it dawned on me what you meant by stack sizes. Odd how sometimes I don't fully comprehend something until I experience it. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not really any major adjustments to be made, just because the blinds go up faster. The first blind levels are just like in a slow tournament. But because blinds to up faster, there are less chances for people to bust or chip up. So after a while the average stack size will get shorter. And for that reason its more important, that you know how to play well with an effective stack of <25 BB and less important, that you know how to play well with an effective stack of 25-50BB. This mean, that knowing preflop push-fold ranges very well goes up in value, and knowing how to play the turn and river goes down in value, because turns and river happen less often with shallow stacks. With shorter effective stacks a nitty playing style will also get punished more. So if you are a nit, then either stick to regular speed tournaments or change your style and stop being a nit :)

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not really any major adjustments to be made, just because the blinds go up faster. The first blind levels are just like in a slow tournament. But because blinds to up faster, there are less chances for people to bust or chip up. So after a while the average stack size will get shorter. And for that reason its more important, that you know how to play well with an effective stack of <25 BB and less important, that you know how to play well with an effective stack of 25-50BB. This mean, that knowing preflop push-fold ranges very well goes up in value, and knowing how to play the turn and river goes down in value, because turns and river happen less often with shallow stacks. With shorter effective stacks a nitty playing style will also get punished more. So if you are a nit, then either stick to regular speed tournaments or change your style and stop being a nit :)
Always great insight from you fundiver. Always generous w your knowledge. Great stuff!!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In fast tournaments, you have to play looser, take more risk and widen your starting hands a little, otherwise you risk losing your chips and reducing your stack.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more like a lottery, that's why it's more loose and no slow plays

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. that I need to find a solution or learn more how to best play in an MTT that has 5 minute blinds. In those games, it seems you look up and you only have 7 blinds left.
The most effective thing is to wait for good cards, where the few experienced ones are eliminated. Read a little about the structure and betting in MTT, that might help you a little.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the turbo tournaments (blinds--5 minutes), by my opinion, necessary to win more chips as more quickly, by possibility,
because the blinds are growing up more quickly, than in the ordinary tournaments... Therefore, I think, need to play more aggressively at once,
that to have a good " pillow of safety" on the next stages of tournament...