Strategy to bet everything?

M

Minelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:icon_bigs Do you prefer to check or all-in in a tournament when you have a good hand?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to base this on opponent rather than just your hand. If you can get them to put in all their chips its best to check. Getting max value is the name of the game.

M

Minelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the intention !

You should base this on your opponent and not just your hand. If you can get them to put in all their chips, you better check. Getting maximum value is the name of the game. [/QOTE]
:mad:for the most common mortals that the card tends to hit for those who have more chips in the tournament or higher in the account!

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad that are not the only options :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You should base this on your opponent and not just your hand. If you can get them to put in all their chips, you better check. Getting maximum value is the name of the game. [/QOTE]
:mad:for the most common mortals that the card tends to hit for those who have more chips in the tournament or higher in the account!

say it isn't so

And as far as your initial question goes... 'It depends'

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on how the other opponents are playing and how well or badly I go in the tournament, sometimes I think that when things don't go as expected and suddenly good cards arrive we say well this is what I expected and we go all-in, But as I say it depends on the reading that I have of the opponents so I can see how to get the best out of those cards

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you don't need to bet all the chips with premium hands! Collecting blinds with hands that come very rarely is not profitable!

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your stack, and a little bit on the stage of the tournament.
If the stack is 30bb or less, then go all-in with a strong hand.
If the stack is more than 30bb, then we play according to the situation and depending on who we are playing with, we go with a standard open-raise, we defend with a re-raise.
It's simple :D

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:icon_bigs Do you prefer to check or all-in in a tournament when you have a good hand?

This question is way to broad to get a solid response. There are tons of different strategies for different strength hands and mostly they are dependent on stack sizes and such. If you get into player dependent exploits the answers get even broader.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

every situation is different, but one tries to put as much money as possible in the middle. It's very rare to say all int right away ...

E

eisenn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I saw many movies of Daniel Negranu , how he is playin. On tournament like wsop , he made his first all in on third day, so i prefer do not do this, even you had a good card, percent is quite same.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw many players prefer all-in preflop, especially in middle stage of a tournament.

If one do not have enough stacks or luck, not easy to pass middle stage.

So, in early stage one should take the chance to win more stacks, all-in will be necessary when get a good hand.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check-fold ofc
Good hand not enough to win, only nutz

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even a pocket pair of aces doesn't deserve an all-in. You will either take the blinds or even worse lose to the maniac. However, in a situation where your stack is less than 10 BB, you are already tied to the pot and will not be able to fold your strong hand. Everything will end very quickly with a game of everything and not always on your initiative. The best tactic in this case is to all-in to reduce the number of applicants for the pot and increase your chances of doubling.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with the best hand, there is always the possibility of a bad beat. Always leave something for you in case you lose, so you can ho all in the next hand... Lol [emoji38].