strategy

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anybody have any advice on the colossus structure? i never played in a structure like that.......just trying to get a gameplan ready for next week.....any advice is welcome..thanks

p.s. i already have an idea but still open to others advice!

D

Dach Poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is "colossus structure"? I am unfamiliar with this tournament. What site is it on?

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wsop event........only the biggest live poker tourny....go check it out....

W

watplays

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from what im seeing looks like somewhat of a live turbo, i do believe there are payouts on end of each flight. blinds are pretty quick.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Large amount of players will cash, and they will drop like flies. The field is so big and buyin is so low, there will be so many fish. Try to take advantage during the early stages, you should be able to spot the fish at your table really easily in the beginning stages. Look for them and pounce!

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have a strategy,I go by instinct

dimasps12

dimasps12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never played a WSOP event. But i do play a lot of tournaments some of those with a large buy-in also. What i've learned on the last few months, is that on a regular or turbo MTTs, we nedd to adapt our strategy on the price of the blinds. On the earlier stages, we nedd to secure our hands and money. So we need to play only with premium hands. Doing that we minimize ours risks to get out soon. Than, when the blind begins to get higher, the players will start to get hungry for chips, so, they will play with a large range of cards, and so do you. But you need to wait good hands beyond the premium hands, like AJ, JJ, KQ even KJ. The villain will open with Ax, Kx, Qx, even 10x. In that moment of the tounament the odds will be in your side and only a bad beat can make you loose. Sorry about my writing, i'm still learning english :)