Stealing Pots

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it ok to steal pot in MP in the bubble stage of a MTT.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, if you have a big stack. (but others may disagree)

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its profitable play if you have big stack;short stakes who tighten up behind you etc.. When you go for steal from MP dont go with total trash,but dont miss chance with mediocre hands if you see that your oponnents are folding

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a big stack on the bubble you can bully the smaller stacks and steal blinds. :D

Don't shove every hand though as a smaller stack could call and double up.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can, but how far do you go? How big is our stack compared to the others who may get involved in the pot. How do those opponents play? How strong is my hand? It depends on many factors how light i open. I'd rather apply pressure when the game is shorter on the bubble and when opponents are weak. You also need to have a feeling if those players care about the bubble or if they are ok with going crazy too. In the games i play people usualy don't care about the bubble, since a min-cash is very low and the buy-ins aren't important to those weaker players who will play overly tight on the bubble, or correctly fold on the bubble where they would normally call.

I've noticed in higher buy-ins eventho the mincash is barely the buy-in, weaker players will still play tight wanting to get the cash and go on from there. So it all depends on the situation.

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble is a great time to bully stacks!!! When your stack is ig enough of course...

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends how long you are at the table and has studied the game of each of the players. .. you can not do it when you do not know the game of any of the players, because not all the same

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your chip count exceeds that of your rivals it is good that you try to make a bluff, cheat sometimes it's good

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stealing is not ok, you can go in jail for doing that [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always good to win the chips, but you can not do it often, it will get burned on the table.

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I really appreciate your insights.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may let you do it three times, the 4th time I might transfer your collection to my stack, so don't do it always ;)

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your stack size and your desire to take a small part of the prize or pass it to the final table.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, if you think your opponent is weak and you can afford the risk to your stack.But also depends on your position, how many others are in the pot, etc.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have player that defend lightly or are playing back at steal you need to see whose BB it is and whose Button it is. Tough players will 3 bet you wide,but with good potential hands that play good post flop. If you get 3 bet 3x at least are you really going to call OOP against aggressive players. I always raise weak passive players BB AND button.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you get a sense your opponent has a weak hand, then you should try to steal pot because the objective is to win 1st place not limp at the bubble.