Stats. Good or Bad?

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so I have been getting beaten up pretty regularly on the comments in the forum so somewhat in my defence here are my stats on pokerstars for the past 100 Tournaments:
Note 16 were free rolls so I don't count them in the stats only $ entries:
played 84 tourneys ITM 10 times or 11.9% actually won 1 tourney, 3- 2nd places etc.,
So is this considered a reasonable % of ITM?:):):)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even know! Maybe for a start you will play 1000 tournaments, it will already be clear what kind of player you are)))

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too Many

I don't even know! Maybe for a start you will play 1000 tournaments, it will already be clear what kind of player you are)))
Yrs I have played much more than 1000 tourneys but stats at PS are only availablele for so many...have been playing online PS since 2005:):):). and live since 1960

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you opt in to sharkscope, then you (and everyone else) can see your entire life time stats there. You can also purchase a tracker like PT4 and request, that PokerStars manually send all your hand histories.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats

My stats are horrible and I will tell you I do not even know where to find my stats on Cardchat. I play fast and loose and no fear. You can not win it if your not in it. Capo1014

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay so I have been getting beaten up pretty regularly on the comments in the forum so somewhat in my defence here are my stats on PokerStars for the past 100 Tournaments:
played 84 tourneys ITM 10 times or 11.9% actually won 1 tourney, 3- 2nd places etc.,

Sorry you feel beaten up. Most of us are just trying to help.

To answer the question I would need more information, what is the % of players cashing in the games you play If there are only 10% your not doing so bad but if its 20% its pretty low. Another issue it the sample size. 84 tournament is not that much. I have not cashed in over 40 games on time are a few time gone 30+, Just taking one of those downturns would really screw up the results, I have cashed 8 straight twice and that would skew the results as well. You should play about 500 or ever 1000 to have a really good idea and avoid the variance.

This being said, cashes are nice but not really a great stat. Top 3 and final table is where the real money is at. A 1st and 3 2nd places, is a monster good result mate.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will be totally honest here, I have never worried about stats when playing Poker as they can be misleading, Playing purely for fun the only Stat I rely on is my bankroll and whether it is up or down after a good session. Until I joined Cardschat I had never actually won a free-roll on any site and I have played on-line, on and off for the last twenty years.
Sure I have made the money in a lot otherwise I would not play at all, but winning is not as important as some players think, I was happy with making the money in any big tournament, free-roll or buy-in, but winning one was never a worry for me.
I played one night in a tournament with over 2,000 players and finished 2nd, for me that was a fantastic result, but when I was asked by my brother how I had got on, He just said "Oh so you lost!" :mad::mad::mad: NO! I didn't lose, I made some money by coming 2nd, but he insisted that I had still lost!
Success is measured differently, by different people, I have always considered myself a competent player, even without winning a 1st place on line, because I make money playing Poker, most of it in Live games, where I have made 1st place many, many times, on-line however is different because it is harder to get a read on a player.
Enjoy your Poker, Have fun playing, and remember Success is how you define it! Not a brother who cannot even play.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so I have been getting beaten up pretty regularly on the comments in the forum so somewhat in my defence here are my stats on PokerStars for the past 100 Tournaments:

Opt in on Sharkscope so you can better analyze your MTT game.

ITM% can be tricky as a measure of "success" as obviously a player who consistently min cashes will have a high ITM% but not necessarily a high ROI %.

With that being said 11.9% is very low. I've seen successful MTT regs as low as 20% ITM but you really should be AT LEAST 20% with 30% ITM as your goal.

Now me? I have a ITM % of 41.9% over about 3000 games.

...and an ROI of 77% :cool:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
One hundred tournaments is too little to draw any conclusions, but ITM 11.9% is also very small !!!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There is no tourney types what for 100 games is enough, in my opinion. Especially, that you don't post the average regs number.

Just my opinion play 5-10 times more tourneys than the average registered players number, then you can get a useful sample. Obviously the 12% itm means massive loser, but in a 500-1K+ regs tourney size, it happens, even worse, so means nothing....

gl

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Historicaly

There is no tourney types what for 100 games is enough, in my opinion. Especially, that you don't post the average regs number.

Just my opinion play 5-10 times more tourneys than the average registered players number, then you can get a useful sample. Obviously the 12% itm means massive loser, but in a 500-1K+ regs tourney size, it happens, even worse, so means nothing....

gl
I'm not sure of the value of past playing history, however just as an example of how things have turned down: 4 years ago, I was playing exclusively on PokerStars, Micro MTT, probably around 5-10 tourneys per day, my ITM % was 32 and in the year I actually won 25 Tourneys, so I guess either my play has deteriorated, or the opposition has gotten much better or the RNG at PS just won't let me catch???:):)

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally

Wow as we speak I got ITM in MTT 45 players. came 4thy. YeeHaw:):):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure of the value of past playing history, however just as an example of how things have turned down: 4 years ago, I was playing exclusively on PokerStars, Micro MTT, probably around 5-10 tourneys per day, my ITM % was 32 and in the year I actually won 25 Tourneys, so I guess either my play has deteriorated, or the opposition has gotten much better or the RNG at PS just won't let me catch???:):)

Games are definitly getting tougher over time. COVID-19 temporarely reversed that, but now the long term trend is fully back in control, after restrictions have been lifted in most countries.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The 1st and 2nd place finishes are solid - but IMO ITM percent is low. Also - it really doesn't matter much at all if you min-cashed 20 events and fired 2 bullets in them. That is roughly break even or maybe even slightly losing.

ITM - in my opinion - is a useless stat. It's better to track how often you are making final tables. If you are making final tables in MTTs at about 15% or above - I'd say you are a strong player. Maybe even 10% - not sure about that.
But for me - I'm not happy unless I'm making a final table at minimum at the VERY least once every two days. I play roughly 10-20 per day when I'm able and I get a little cranky when I'm not making the final tables.

ITM% - not very important or impressive - FT% - mui mui important. ;)

FYI Shark Scope says I'm ITM 19.9% over 11.6k events. About 5k of those are early freerolls I was grinding.

With an 11.5% late finishes which is finishing in the top 10% of the field. Not sure if that is good or not - but - I'm always aiming for FT so a lot of the time I will bust before hitting ITM.

My ROI from SS is 66.5%.