Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone

My rookie question today is: do you prefer to play mtt tournaments starting with few chips, mid stack or deep stack?
I comment this because in a room that I usually play they have changed the format and now it starts with 20,000 chips, when before it started with 3,000.
I do not know if my wife and I have not yet adapted to the new format but since we started deepstack we are not having good results as before.
We are talking about freerolls.

As always, thanks for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What really matter is the chip stack converted to big blinds. If the new format starts with 200/100 blinds, and the old one started with 30/15 blinds, it is just the same, because you still start with 100BB.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver is absolutely correct here, you want to think in terms of number of big blinds you start with and then the level length and future levels.

Generally more big blinds is good since it allows for more play and more opportunity to take advantage or weaker opponents. But it can be taken too far, for example if you start with 500bb stacks and slow level lengths. At least for me, this type of super-slow structures don't keep my attention well :)

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments with shorter starting stacks (<= 30 BB) quickly become a push-fold fiesta. Higher starting stacks are ideal

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Prefer larger stacks especially live as they give me time to play more post flop poker. Just remember stack size is not important but BB you have is.