Start to Finish

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually start off strong in the first half and end up in the top 20 of any tournament I get into....however I usually slowly lose a few ranks and become like 50th of 60 left and struggle to make it back or get "bad beats" like lose by one kicker type of ish?!?! any recommendations

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say for you to look at certain points of the tournament. Go back and evaluate your hands in 15-30 minute intervals. What changed? Did you play some hands differently in beginning? Do you tighten up as the tournament progresses? Etc

L

lfabbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)
I would say for you to look at certain points of the tournament. Go back and evaluate your hands in 15-30 minute intervals. What changed? Did you play some hands differently in beginning? Do you tighten up as the tournament progresses? Etc

you have to be not tired , don't be afaid to sit back even with pairs let the dead beats go all in take your time and relax

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Torunament are about survival don't rush be patient and watch other people get impatient, pick ur spots

M

MikeRuiger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget that tournaments also involve a little luck you have to at least double a few times to stay alive in a tournament, I play each hand like I would normally in any size and don't focus on my place! Be in it to win it all

P

pokrjoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i suggest looking at how you are playing each stage. tourney poker is an evolving monster.
1st stage did you just get lucky playing trash or over shoving a strong hand and it held
middle stage are you blinding down, shoving big hands and not getting value. post flop play?
later stages are you paying attention to stack size vs blinds and antes? you gotta keep your chip count up to avoid being forced into action

all around just pay attention. are you playin out of position are you bleeding chips with mediocre holdings are you applying pressure when you can. lots of things go into tourney poker. its not just shove a hand and hope

gl at the tables