Stalling tactic

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's pretty selfish to affect 9 other players results just for your benefit IMO

Affecting other peoples results to your benefit is kind of the whole point of poker.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
min raise him, exploit his bubble aversion

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker clocks and tatics

i do use the poker clock to my advantage and pull up the other table when im that far in a tournament. especially when ive become a short stack as well. hey you do do what ya have too at that point.
:D

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stalling is terrible /end thread

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I miss the advantage I believe that if I see more hands I have more chances to hit a situations that I can exploit. If it is running hand for hand which it should be near the bubble then I really don't see the point. As far as tilting people by t....a.....k....i.....n.....g.......your time I think the edge it gives you is almost negligible. At the end of the day it is not about what is "polite" as one person posted but what is optimal. I play poker because it is fun....and it is the most fun when I am making the right moves.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can you email the poker site when a player is doing that?
lol and say what? "This player purposefully used the allotted time you have given them."Thats the amount of time they are allowed so nothing can be done about it.

Tho it is a losing strategy.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hate it. It is lame to min cash.

I have stalled however in a hu and 3handed situation when I noticed a player couldn't stay awake. D*** move but if it guarantees first..

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stalling is terrible /end thread

Except for certain circumstances like satellites, freerolls, and even payout structures. I'd also say that if you have no fold equity either because of having too small a stack or because the donkeys at your table will call with ATC, stalling with a very short stack can be a +ev move. It may be frowned upon, but if the software and rules allow it, use it to your advantage.

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've actually brought it into my game to punish donks or high chip stacks for attempting to steal my big blinds

If I have a 7 2 and they raise obviously I won't call but I will run out my timer and sometimes even use my extra time

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've actually brought it into my game to punish donks or high chip stacks for attempting to steal my big blinds

If I have a 7 2 and they raise obviously I won't call but I will run out my timer and sometimes even use my extra time

this is non sensical

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Not really sure I understand this either.