split pot

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div class="tw-ta-container tw-nfl" id="tw-target-text-container" style="position: relative; padding-top: 20px; color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0px;">Playing a live game with friends, came a question about the division of the pot. It was as follows, player had A3o and player B had A8o, the flop was as follows: 5 A 9 (rainbow) On the turn the card was a 7 and the river was a 6. In this way it was decided that player B won the pot by having the biggest kicker, but considering the 5 cards on the flop, 8 is behind 9, so would he split the pot? I do not know if I was very clear, but I would like your help.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummmm, the player with A8 has a straight (5,6,7,8,9) so that pretty much ends that discussion lol.

If there was a 10 on the board instead of a 9, then A8 still wins with the bigger kicker (pair of aces with 10,8,7 kicker as opposed to the player with A3 having a pair of aces with 10,7,6 kicker)

You always use the best 5-card hand after all the board cards are out - never base the best hand on just the flop cards.