B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do we have any very serious spin&go players in the community. I’m thinking about making spins my primary game and I think I have quite a few good ideas in terms of strategy and bankroll. I’m wondering if we have any other players I would like to engage in a private or public conversation about some of the finer nuances of becoming a profitable spin&go player. I’m fine with public but I Fully understand that if you make your living in this way why you might not want the conversation to be public but I’m fine either way.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who Know How To Choose The Biggest Prize Because I Almost Always Get The Smallest Prize

a question I play Spin & Go every day but I don't complete the challenge because it doesn't complete

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
a question I play Spin & Go every day but I don't complete the challenge because it doesn't complete

You have to go to challenges and opt in. Also a tip if you really wanna win the challenge leaderboard wait until you hit a 10 X then go to your challenges and opt in before the 10 X game is concluded it’ll give you a good start

A

Andyfromuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we have any very serious spin&go players in the community. I’m thinking about making spins my primary game and I think I have quite a few good ideas in terms of strategy and bankroll. I’m wondering if we have any other players I would like to engage in a private or public conversation about some of the finer nuances of becoming a profitable spin&go player. I’m fine with public but I Fully understand that if you make your living in this way why you might not want the conversation to be public but I’m fine either way.
I’m currently playing the $1 spin & gos for around 10k games just to see how I run I’ve only really just started with about 300 games so I’ve got a long way to go but I have played around 4-5k 25cent spin & go flash games to test my strategy and get a feel for actual ranges. It’s gone really well and I’m about break even so far as my early games I was leaking in certain spots and it’s taken me time to build my game. I personally decided that if I couldn’t beat the lower spins consistently there was no point throwing my money into the higher spins, I’m grateful I’ve taken that route so far as it’s really helped my overall game and made me realise that my game needs to be dynamic if I’m ever going to take on the pros 😎

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
You and your luck sometimes encounter serious players and sometimes players if the balance is not too high for them to care

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m currently playing the $1 spin & gos for around 10k games just to see how I run I’ve only really just started with about 300 games so I’ve got a long way to go but I have played around 4-5k 25cent spin & go flash games to test my strategy and get a feel for actual ranges. It’s gone really well and I’m about break even so far as my early games I was leaking in certain spots and it’s taken me time to build my game. I personally decided that if I couldn’t beat the lower spins consistently there was no point throwing my money into the higher spins, I’m grateful I’ve taken that route so far as it’s really helped my overall game and made me realise that my game needs to be dynamic if I’m ever going to take on the pros [emoji41]

It’s very up and down I know I’m working on $1 after losing a lot at higher levels but I think I have a really good idea on how to do it now and move up stakes pretty quickly starting with a fairly small bankroll The ideas you think of each buy in as a point so at $1 1 point is one dollar and two dollar games one point is two dollars and five dollar games one point is five dollars and so on. So you try to win 20 points at whatever level you were playing at and then use that as 10 shots at the next level drop down if you lose and repeat... obviously when going from 2 to 5 you will need to win 30 points before you try the five dollar games and so on. It’s very Aggressive I know but as long as you drop down when you’re supposed to it should in theory work eventually as long as you can keep beating one dollar

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
A lot of members here despise the format they think it is pure lottery or luck or donkey poker. So threads like these normally get a lot useless and stupid responses from players who don't understand the format.

Both you (Bird173) and Andyfromuk seem to be on the right track and seem to be legitimately interested in playing this format so I will offer my two cents on any questions you both have. Feel free to ask away.

If asking on this thread simply hit quote and reply button [I don't check threads I reply in often but if you do this I get an email when you quote and I check those almost everyday]

Keeping in mind this is a relatively public forum. If you want feedback on your own personal strategies for game and bankroll and want to keep it private send me a PM. Of course this would limit your feedback possibilities as there may be others on the forum and that can give you good advice as well.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Spin n Go

Despite being a beginner in the study and game of poker, I like to play Spin N Go, it would be interesting to go deeper into this type, I also see it as a game that can be very profitable.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
These are my generalised opinions/tips on Spin n Go format.

-To be good at anything you need study and practice. You can focus on spins but still play a few other formats in between.There are lot of elements of spins that will help you in other formats. Balance and diversity is something I strive to do in that way if I loose on Spins today I can still have a good day with a good finish in an mtt.

-Format can be addictive, it easy to loose track of things. Need to set limits both in buy amount and number of games/time of play. Self control is necessary to stick to limits. Chasing losses is not recommended although I tend to do it all the time. If playing on pokerstars you can make use of responsible gaming tools like buy in limits and cool off period if needed.

-Game is very volatile, you will take a boat load of beats and coolers how you deal with them will go a long way in determining how profitable you can be. Need to learn how to deal with a beat in game and not let it throw you off your strategy. Doubly more important if you multi-table spins like most do. You do not want a beat in a X2 affect how you play in a X10 if playing both simultaneous for example.

-Need self control to stop session when going poorly even if you haven't met your planned number of games. Frustration builds easily from the accumulated beats this leads too poor play eventually so try to take regular breaks. Not all sessions or days will be winning. Sometimes it is best to give up on a certain day there is always tomorrow.

-All games are important including the X2 although by some players play on them you cannot tell. They help keep you afloat i.e. close to break even and they are generally easier to win as some players do not take them seriously. You keep afloat or average a small profit on those small prizes and keep playing eventually the big multiplier will come your way.

-A HUD is a necessity. It helps multi-tabling, multi-tasking, aids quick decision making, helps with repeat opponents. Most importantly it helps you to review your game and look for areas to improve. I advise not reviewing sessions right after playing as sometimes we are too emotional to see our areas for improvement.

I did not post any strategies as they are too subjective, too situational based, too complex and it will take too long. If you guys ask specific question on strategy I will give my thoughts on it.

Last edited:
A

Andyfromuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s very up and down I know I’m working on $1 after losing a lot at higher levels but I think I have a really good idea on how to do it now and move up stakes pretty quickly starting with a fairly small bankroll The ideas you think of each buy in as a point so at $1 1 point is one dollar and two dollar games one point is two dollars and five dollar games one point is five dollars and so on. So you try to win 20 points at whatever level you were playing at and then use that as 10 shots at the next level drop down if you lose and repeat... obviously when going from 2 to 5 you will need to win 30 points before you try the five dollar games and so on. It’s very Aggressive I know but as long as you drop down when you’re supposed to it should in theory work eventually as long as you can keep beating one dollar

Thanks for your reply 😊 I played around a little with shot taking when I first started but haven’t been bothering too much lately as I’ve been concentrating on strategy. I don’t know if it’s possible to achieve a kind of martingale effect with these spins would be interesting to look at the theory of it. Let me know how it goes.
When I first started it was very up and down but once you start to find your ranges you’ll notice things settle down. Because the flash games are so quick and the nature of the multipliers it’s easy to drop 10 or 20 buyins every couple of hours, at first it made me worried but then I realised it’s a game of volume and you have to roll with the ups and downs.
The flash games are a fairly simple strategy with very little poker but they are bloody addictive and good fun to play if you can handle the swings.
I’m looking at them like little investment blocks of 10k games at a time.

A

Andyfromuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of members here despise the format they think it is pure lottery or luck or donkey poker. So threads like these normally get a lot useless and stupid responses from players who don't understand the format.

Both you (Bird173) and Andyfromuk seem to be on the right track and seem to be legitimately interested in playing this format so I will offer my two cents on any questions you both have. Feel free to ask away.

If asking on this thread simply hit quote and reply button [I don't check threads I reply in often but if you do this I get an email when you quote and I check those almost everyday]

Keeping in mind this is a relatively public forum. If you want feedback on your own personal strategies for game and bankroll and want to keep it private send me a PM. Of course this would limit your feedback possibilities as there may be others on the forum and that can give you good advice as well.
Thanks for the mention & reply. I’m not currently playing with a hud at the flash games as I really enjoy playing them on my ipad and can’t use one. It’s actually had quite a positive effect on my game and in the larger pools of the lower spins I genuinely think I can get away with out one. If the higher levels (If I ever actually reach them lol) are much smaller pools of players then I think yes hud would be very helpful.
One of the best things not using a hud or any kind of note taking has been finding a balanced range that deals with the game as a whole that is not just me following a chart( my usual game lol). It’s amazing how many players have the same tendencies and will keep stacking off.
For those players who think it’s not real poker.....they are probably correct it’s not real poker but that doesn’t make it easy or harder just a different mindset is required. I one hundred percent think it’s profitable in the long term and I’m investing £500 into them to see if I’m correct. ( my initial investment was £25 into the 25cent games) If I fail so be it but if I succeed I’m all in with a £10k investment. I think it’s worth a shot 😊

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see a few people interested in this.

I played a bunch of them when I signed up to Pokerstars purely because they were in my chests, and I actually won about 70% of the $1 spin games, which is abnormally high and interested me.

Since stepping down to 25c games, albeit not that many games my winrate has dropped to just below 40%, which is barely breakeven, especially if you consider the top payouts are too infrequent to rely on even with 000's of games. The standard of player on $0.25 was generally weak, but with fewer absolute fish/all in nutters like at $1.

I wonder whether others have found that $1 is actually easy to crack than $0.25 and thus a better place to start working up from? I suppose few recreational players are going to be interested by the $0.25 games.

I like these as they are quick meaning they can be played when you have a few spare minutes to kill here and there.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
From my experiences playing I found the $1 games are easier to beat than the 25 cents game. Players a lot less sporadic in the $1 games. You have an easier time to predict the tendencies of players and thus easier to put them on ranges and make your decisions.

70% winrate is not achievement over any descent stretch of games. 40% winrate is a great win rate. A winrate of 35-38% will land you a nice profit over time.
Good to see a few people interested in this.

I played a bunch of them when I signed up to Pokerstars purely because they were in my chests, and I actually won about 70% of the $1 spin games, which is abnormally high and interested me.

Since stepping down to 25c games, albeit not that many games my winrate has dropped to just below 40%, which is barely breakeven, especially if you consider the top payouts are too infrequent to rely on even with 000's of games. The standard of player on $0.25 was generally weak, but with fewer absolute fish/all in nutters like at $1.

I wonder whether others have found that $1 is actually easy to crack than $0.25 and thus a better place to start working up from? I suppose few recreational players are going to be interested by the $0.25 games.

I like these as they are quick meaning they can be played when you have a few spare minutes to kill here and there.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Flash game is a different game from the regular one. It is extremely shallow and thus making it more of a preflop math game. It is a much simpler game with very little decisions on rivers, turns and most flops. You can find success by sticking to a good push flop chart.

I found the Flash loads of fun and a great de-stresser. While there is still some value to a HUD [preflop decision making + hand review] I can understand why say you may not need a HUD for these.

I read somewhere that there are some huds designed for mobile devices they store the hands on cloud. If you are interested in more information you can ask one of the providers in this section of forum https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-software-tools-61/

The regular Spins game itself like any other poker game will remain the same no matter what level you play. What will change is the level of play from opponents. A lot of strategies that work well on the lower levels do not work on higher levels. The players on the higher levels also tend to make less mistakes that you can take advantage of.

The Flash game because it so prelfop and math dependant will not have that many edges as the regular game. Those really good and experience heads up players will find it hard to outplay you as they might in the regular Spins. So it should be theoretically possible to use most of the same strategies on higher levels.

Best of luck with your investment. I hope you will find success in your games. I do not know everything nor am I always right but as stated above if you need advice you can always ask I will answer to the best of my abilities.
Thanks for the mention & reply. I’m not currently playing with a hud at the flash games as I really enjoy playing them on my iPad and can’t use one. It’s actually had quite a positive effect on my game and in the larger pools of the lower spins I genuinely think I can get away with out one. If the higher levels (If I ever actually reach them lol) are much smaller pools of players then I think yes hud would be very helpful.
One of the best things not using a hud or any kind of note taking has been finding a balanced range that deals with the game as a whole that is not just me following a chart( my usual game lol). It’s amazing how many players have the same tendencies and will keep stacking off.
For those players who think it’s not real poker.....they are probably correct it’s not real poker but that doesn’t make it easy or harder just a different mindset is required. I one hundred percent think it’s profitable in the long term and I’m investing £500 into them to see if I’m correct. ( my initial investment was £25 into the 25cent games) If I fail so be it but if I succeed I’m all in with a £10k investment. I think it’s worth a shot 😊

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These are my generalised opinions/tips on Spin n Go format.

-To be good at anything you need study and practice. You can focus on spins but still play a few other formats in between.There are lot of elements of spins that will help you in other formats. Balance and diversity is something I strive to do in that way if I loose on Spins today I can still have a good day with a good finish in an mtt.

-Format can be addictive, it easy to loose track of things. Need to set limits both in buy amount and number of games/time of play. Self control is necessary to stick to limits. Chasing losses is not recommended although I tend to do it all the time. If playing on Pokerstars you can make use of responsible gaming tools like buy in limits and cool off period if needed.

-Game is very volatile, you will take a boat load of beats and coolers how you deal with them will go a long way in determining how profitable you can be. Need to learn how to deal with a beat in game and not let it throw you off your strategy. Doubly more important if you multi-table spins like most do. You do not want a beat in a X2 affect how you play in a X10 if playing both simultaneous for example.

-Need self control to stop session when going poorly even if you haven't met your planned number of games. Frustration builds easily from the accumulated beats this leads too poor play eventually so try to take regular breaks. Not all sessions or days will be winning. Sometimes it is best to give up on a certain day there is always tomorrow.

-All games are important including the X2 although by some players play on them you cannot tell. They help keep you afloat i.e. close to break even and they are generally easier to win as some players do not take them seriously. You keep afloat or average a small profit on those small prizes and keep playing eventually the big multiplier will come your way.

-A HUD is a necessity. It helps multi-tabling, multi-tasking, aids quick decision making, helps with repeat opponents. Most importantly it helps you to review your game and look for areas to improve. I advise not reviewing sessions right after playing as sometimes we are too emotional to see our areas for improvement.

I did not post any strategies as they are too subjective, too situational based, too complex and it will take too long. If you guys ask specific question on strategy I will give my thoughts on it.

Thank you I really appreciate the input from everybody. I am also doing primarily flash games. I didn’t like them when they first came out but I do prefer them now. The swings are god awful I had a 50 buyin down swing the other day but with the help of a couple 10x I managed to end the day break even. I find there is rarely any post flop play except maybe on the first level which suits me just fine because I could be wrong but I think my push fold game is pretty on point. If I had a question I guess I would be how the hell do you multitable this stuff. I can do like 4 MTTs no problem but flash games are too busy I can handle 2 but do not really feel as comfortable as I want to, have not been using my hud even though I have pt4 I just didn’t think it was needed but now that I read this I realize I should be going over my hand histories with it although I not really sure what I am looking for in my study sessions?

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it’s a fun way to play a short game in a small break, as a colleague suggested it s easier to in some tables . But the 0.25 tables are more difficult than the others.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have some very serious players in the community. I think about making backs my main game, and I think I have quite a few good ideas in terms of strategy and bankroll. I am wondering if we have other players with whom I would like to talk in private or public conversation about some of the intricacies of becoming a profitable Spin & Go player. I am fine with the public, but I fully understand that if you make a living in this way, why you do not want the conversation to be public, but I am fine anyway.

Yoy need courage. skill there is not particularly needed

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my experiences playing I found the $1 games are easier to beat than the 25 cents game. Players a lot less sporadic in the $1 games. You have an easier time to predict the tendencies of players and thus easier to put them on ranges and make your decisions.

70% winrate is not achievement over any descent stretch of games. 40% winrate is a great win rate. A winrate of 35-38% will land you a nice profit over time.

Thank you for your thought & feedback.

On the 70% at the 50 and $1 levels, I know, it was only over the 25 tickets that Pokerstars gave me (17 won). I'm aware that I had luck in a few games and wouldn't be able to sustain that. Still, I got the sense that I had the better of most of my opponents, and that I'd be able to win greater than my fair share.

Regarding the 0.25's though, the house is taking 8%, so unless I'm making a mistake I need 36% just to break even, and then if you don't get any of the top few spins (which a part time player is very unlikely to ever see) you probably need it to be 37% for BE. As above, I might have got this incorrect, I'm just dividing the buy in by the payout. to get that number

I think a decent proportion of recreational players are necessary in these games, because there isn't enough poker to make a normal sized edge count, i'll probably skip 0.25 and see how I can do at $1 over a decent stretch, and accept that I might lose my bankroll.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The spin thing is another psychological trick to entice you to play. Whenever I've played these (and only ever from tickets I've won), the prize is always the minimum. The spin is not random, it's already decided the outcome. Seeing the minimum amount puts me on tilt from the start

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have I not tried to play spin after the tournament, I always lost all the money, I tied it up with this):

H

Hog1092

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rake at ACR

Hey guys, new to the site but not new to poker.

Just transitioned to spins but I have no idea what are the best sites to play at? partypoker I like but high rake although can get up to 40%rb and also decent daily leaderboard prizes.

I am currently playing ACR but I cannot work out if I am earning anything towards rake/cashback? Is the fee included in the Jackpot buy-in? The reason I say this is because sharkscope says the fee for a Jackpot game is $0 and also I am not getting any CP points when playing Jackpots which is their loyalty program? So do I get anything for playing these games?

Currently have a cEV of 114 although maybe that cannot be maintained. Also although these games are super turbo they still allow for players who have decent edge to get decent results imo, however with that said that's only possible with good bonus/rakeback deals hence this message.

Looking forward to being here and getting to know some of you guys :p

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like spin and go more than cash games, of course rarely a large amount comes out, but you can play with interest

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi,

I may not a profound spin player and more enjoy playing on MTT. However, if in a day I don't get cash in MTT, I always come back to Spins to get back almost all buyins.

All I can say about spins is play with utmost care and never raise more than 2 BB if you're button. The reason is if you have medium hands and SB all-in you only lose 2 BB instead of 3 BB. And if you have premium hands, that's far more better.

Playing Spins helps me understand what should I do in final table and shoot out satellites.