Spin go tournament, victory is brought by knowledge, luck or?

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Many times I was overtaken by players who often put everything in even though I had better cards before the flop.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Even if you have better card playing safe with a strategy make you reach your goal perfectly .

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi there

Because the blinds go up relatively quickly, there are only a limited amount of hands that you'll end up playing, so there is a huge element of luck getting good cards within that time. Knowing this a lot of people go all-in with any marginal hand and it's always a 50:50, although like you I seem to lose with the best odds more often than not. However, I have managed to place in a few by seeing flops and trying to control the pot. Avoid all-ins unless AA or KK. In the big blind, you're out of position, but usually last to act preflop which gives you the best chance of controlling if you see a flop. Seeing a flop will change the odds, especially if you hit something.

Good luck!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me spin&go is more about luck than skills. I usually play when I win free tickets on 888poker and there they have the blast games and in these games the blinds increase faster than spin&go of others sites, so, luck is even more important.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Due to the shallower chip stacks and quick blind levels ranges are wider in Spins. The variance is bigger then in cash games, but if you compare it to MTTs that have over a thousand players (especially if you add bounties to the mix)-- it is not that different just quicker.

There is definitely money to be made in spins because the field is the weakest but you need to attune your game to the format. You also need to be able to mentally handle the big volume of games you can play in this format.

I was extremely skeptical to it, then I looked into it and tried it and found it not that crazy at all. Rake is a problem which is somewhat off put by the decent multiplier you hit from time to time.

Here I am referring to 'classic' spin games and not the even more extreme variants as Flash on PS for example.

Last edited: