Some Players

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as this was a free roll and Players do all kinds of questionable things..I just don't comprehend though the actions of the villain (queenlove07} in the first hand and then of course the 'coup de grace' to finish me off.
I guess what threw me off was a player who limps, then calls a very large raise preflop then goes all in on the flop. and of course catches..:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/2q18N3J2
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/5q18NeZb

Last edited:
B

badluckbox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1:
-Re-jam pre. Look at the pot size, it's more 50% of your stack. You also likely crush the range of limp/cold call 3bet jam if you get called preflop.
-Terrible call post flop for a pot size bet. You're only beating a weaker A high or bluff and you have to call off 22 bbs with A high.

Hand 2:
-Unlucky. The hand you want to see calling, but not the results you're looking for. Nothing you can do about it.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is normal. Nothing extraordinary. In my opinion, such players play the lottery and not poker. They just do not care. :)

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its even better we have players like this cuz we can make some stack out of them.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't really see anything unusual there either. I've seen such things outside of freerols. You always have to expect that you can lose no matter what you have in hand and JJ and AQ are not bad hands but it also makes sense to look at what was on the table.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I believe that any hand preflop is a certain risk even if you have AA, the flop determines the further actions

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is normal. Nothing extraordinary. In my opinion, such players play the lottery and not poker. They just do not care. :)

You got it! People don't care right now. I have seen more punting this year than in the past.

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the second hand I think it was a bad beat! as mentioned above is the type of call you would like!

the first hand I think you played wrong post flop, especially in these freeroll, normally beginner players make bets on hand strength, you paid losing and rooting for an A, I think it's lucky to have beaten the A not only the second K! analyze the hands and learn with them! GL

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might sound like a broken record now, but we should always focus on our own decisions, because they are the only part of the game, which we control. Opponents "making questionable plays and getting lucky" is NOT the reason, if we fail to acheive long term success in the game.

Hand 1 AQs
Preflop
I like the isolation raise, but even though its a small detail I would prefer it to be a bit larger. At least 4BB to simply get more value with a hand, which is far ahead of his limping range as well as the players in the blinds. When you face a jam from the short stack in the blinds, and the limper calls, I would overjam and get it in. You are still far ahead of the limpers range, and postflop will be very awkward with a 1 SPR pot and someone already all-in.

If you overjam two things can happen, which are both great. Either the limper folds and leave a ton of dead chips in the pot, sweetening the pot odds, and you also limit your risk to the chips, which the all-in player has put in. Or he call and then you play a side pot, where you have at mininum 45% equity and often a lot more, if he call with a hand like the one, he had.

Flop
As played this is an easy fold for me. If the limper has a K, you only have 3 outs, and even if he has a hand like 87, you still only have 6 outs. You are only getting 2:1, so your pot odds are simply not good enough to call here and try to improve. When you call here, you are really hoping, he is on some total airball bluff like Q9 or JT. And this is just so unlikly, because even if he makes you fold, he still need to beat the other guy at showdown, and there is not yet a side pot, which he can win.

Hand 2 JJ
Standard spot to get it in for 6,4BB, and then the outcome just is, what it is. The only non-standard part is, that BTN should have jammed his Q4s into two short stacks in the blinds rather than min-raise and call it off. But the result would have been the same obviously.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hand you should have folded on the flop, and in the second hand you were just out of luck.