Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
My best result for 2023.

Can't seem to get close yet to make decent money

Sick 🤢
Na not sick but normal :) decent money at micro stakes is only ft.
See it that way : you reached the last 10% :D
You'll get there eventually.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Thanks mate 😕

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is true.

Reaching 6% is no easy feat, and it's not min-cash. Sometimes we get held hostage by circumstances (shortstacked, icm pressure, etc.). But we strive and learn the lessons poker gods give us. Plus, the year is still fresh.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is true.

Reaching 6% is no easy feat, and it's not min-cash. Sometimes we get held hostage by circumstances (shortstacked, icm pressure, etc.). But we strive and learn the lessons poker gods give us. Plus, the year is still fresh.
I’d bet on .55c pko

~EDiT:- Will put $1.10 on both ways.

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My best result for 2023.

Sick 🤢
You have to take this as an encouraging result rather a discouraging one. You did great. Finished right up in the top percentile. Without even seeing a single hand I know you must’ve played well!

However looking at the bounties you accrued whilst your finish was respectable it looks like you need to be gunning for the head prizes a little harder.

When I first started playing PKOs I was playing a standard nitty MTT strat which was all well and good for making it ITM and even running deep, but left a lot lacking in regard to the other half of the prize pool and competing for the win.

Different approach is needed for that! ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue is, you are playing in a tournament with 1.680 entries, and they are always constructed this way, where outlasting 93% of the field dont even earn you 1 BI. In this case further exacerbated by the fact, it was a PKO, and you only knocked out one opponent. The solutation is to play in smaller fields. In a 45-man SnG (now called on-demand on Stars) outlasting 93% of the field gives you 3. place, which earn you more than 4 BIs. This makes it much easier to overcome variance and experience that winning feeling. It also gives you final table practice, which you can use, when you finally reach one in a large field MTT :)

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
You have to take this as an encouraging result rather a discouraging one. You did great. Finished right up in the top percentile. Without even seeing a single hand I know you must’ve played well!

However looking at the bounties you accrued whilst your finish was respectable it looks like you need to be gunning for the head prizes a little harder.

When I first started playing PKOs I was playing a standard nitty MTT strat which was all well and good for making it ITM and even running deep, but left a lot lacking in regard to the other half of the prize pool and competing for the win.

Different approach is needed for that

Different approach is needed for that! ;)
Thanks for this. Means a lot

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Do not be sad. Better be happy that you made it to ITM and that you have the buy-in for 3 tournaments in your pocket.
2023 has only just begun and there are still many tournaments to play and deep runs to play.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My best result for 2023.

Sick 🤢
Micros MTTs depend so much on variance so u cannot be frustrated everytime you don't win.

It's not like it's the end of July or something.

January is not even over.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue is, you are playing in a tournament with 1.680 entries, and they are always constructed this way, where outlasting 93% of the field dont even earn you 1 BI. In this case further exacerbated by the fact, it was a PKO, and you only knocked out one opponent. The solutation is to play in smaller fields. In a 45-man SnG (now called on-demand on Stars) outlasting 93% of the field gives you 3. place, which earn you more than 4 BIs. This makes it much easier to overcome variance and experience that winning feeling. It also gives you final table practice, which you can use, when you finally reach one in a large field MTT :)
This is great advice.

Mix in smaller field MTTs with these larger fields to help "soften" the variance while still having chances at those large payouts. :)

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the long term the result will come