Smart or dumb move?

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok here i am 15 -20 bb on big blind...this is usually my special move ....usually in mtt tourney after 1-2 hours of play....a player from utg +1 to mp just calls...and he do this calling thing last 5-6 hands so loose passive player and i suspect he will usually fold if i go all in from bb. Small blind calls and he is tight player and i know he just wants to see flop from small blind ....Is all inn decision with every hand! they know i am tight player tight image is correct play?

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is a player style, not necessary is correct or wrong.

LAG, TAG, NIT are some example of players style

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is a player style, not necessary is correct or wrong.

LAG, TAG, NIT are some example of players style
i think you didnt understand my question... is it correct go all inn even with 72o to take the blinds..when your opponents are loose and one of them is gonna fold because of respect of you and other one is tight and want to see flop from small blind and you know that if he had a hand he wouldnt be trapping with call from smll blind but raising?

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he also is low stack he might call with anything medium or higher

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no they have both more than 20 but less to 50 so their stack is precious for them too ....

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm in a situation where a standard raise (2x BB + 1 BB per limper) is going to put me in a situation where I'm going to have very low SPR on the flop or leave me short stacked if I fold, I lean more towards either folding or jamming. With 15-20 BBs, you can still fold hands like 27, even with a tight image. I might shove 27 with 15-20 BBs if 6-7 players limped in since the pot (with antes) represents a large percentage of my remaining stack and I think I can pick up the dead money easily. Otherwise, I'll stick with a wide range, but with hands that have some potential to do well. Hands like J5s can hit a flush, 610s has some flush and straight combos, etc. If I'm short at ~10 BBs, then yeah, I'll shove ATC if 4 players limped in before me as the pot w/ antes = ~50% of my stack.

The only hands I wouldn't shove in your situation with 15-20 are KK+. Instead, I go for the standard PFR and try to get some value for the hand. SPR will also be low, so if I have 15 BBs, with a standard raise, I'll have ~9 BBs behind with a pot of ~16 BBs, so its possible to get the rest of the money in at some point. And if I get someone to jam over the top preflop, that's even better.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to have you on my left bc i'll limp in with aces :p

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think shoving any 2 here is optimal. Even if they've been limp folding, there's still a decent chance that player is going to use that image to trap with a monster. In those spots you bust, vs only stealing 1.5 blinds when you get the folds. At least have a lower range that you check instead of shoving, especially if you end up making this play multiple times.