The smallest pocket pair for the 20BB push

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Looking at how many players are behind me, I push 77+ across the entire table, if there are 2-3 players left, you can go 55+. Of course, you need to consider your opponent's stack and play style.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think 20 BBs are a little too deep for a push in an unopened pot.

GTO says it's around 15 BBs in case there's an ante and 10 BBs without Antes. This is to make sure that the potential reward of only collecting the blinds is in relation for the risk to bust from the MTT.

People will probably call such a large push probably very tight, so when you're called, you're probably behind.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

GTO says it's around 15 BBs in case there's an ante and 10 BBs without Antes. This is to make sure that the potential reward of only collecting the blinds is in relation for the risk to bust from the MTT.

People will probably call such a large push probably very tight, so when you're called, you're probably behind.
Thanks for this information. These numbers are good to remember. For most MTT I'm down to 5BB before I realize and any shove doesn't have the impact needed. I get lots of calls and my odds are thrown out the window.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thanks for this information. These numbers are good to remember. For most MTT I'm down to 5BB before I realize and any shove doesn't have the impact needed. I get lots of calls and my odds are thrown out the window.
You're welcome!

Indeed you don't have any fold equity anymore when you're down to 5 BBs, so the big stacks will call you pretty wide.

DegenerateSheep

DegenerateSheep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
What is good about pairs at 20bb, is that they print money when you re-raise all-in against a Late Position open, such as BTN or CO. Definitely in the blinds, as you will be out of position had you just called, and folding is just too weak.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Looking at how many players are behind me, I push 77+ across the entire table, if there are 2-3 players left, you can go 55+. Of course, you need to consider your opponent's stack and play style.
Pairs below 7 I only go all-in if I have less than 15 BB. Up to 20 BB will also depend on the stacks of the opponents, because if they are deep they will pay anyway.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think 20bb is a lot you can wait for a strong card and if you want to go all-in with 20bb then you should go with cards above 99+ but I still think it's a huge risk, it's better to go all-in after 15bb or lower

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU you can Nash shove 22 with 20BBs.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Well, I believe those stats you're talking about don't apply to Cardschat freerolls.
I've seen in CC freerolls, the guys pushing at the beginning of the tournament with 99bb, with a pair of 22, imagine if the guy has a pair of 77, the guy is nuts.😁🤣

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

But some manage to start shoving 0.1 blinds and still lead) It seems to me that there are players who are just lucky to get into the land of luck 😀

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start applying push fold strategy around 15BB. 20BB, I prefer min raising and see how the action unfolds.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
20BB stacks can be played by a min raise. If I have to play push fold, I might push 99+.