Slow Roll as posturing or an integral part of the game

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow Roll is an indecent act in the poker community. But after all, each of the players did it at least once to drive the opponent into the tilt. Where is the edge for you?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Rarely, but sometimes I do it too, although it doesn't always end well. :)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time, the result is not what I wanted.
nowadays I prefer to avoid.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most funny slowroll in streamed poker is, when Shaun Deep flopped quads against Mike Matusow, who had an overpair. That one is hilarious, because Shaun somehow managed to let the entire table except Mike know, a slowroll was in progress, and then Mike got really mad at him afterwards. There is also a girl at the table, how were engaged in friedly conversation during the hand, and the look on her face, when Shaun tables quads and say "ok I call", is simply priceless.

That was good entertainment for sure, but unless you are playing in a friendly homegame, where even the "victim" will be able to laugh at it, I would not do this. Its a bit childish, its bad etiquette, and it also just kind of waste time in a game, which is already slow enough. In online poker there is also the risk, you might get punished by disconnecting, before you call, so that your hand end up being folded. So if I have the nuts in online poker, and I am closing action, I just snap call and give my opponent the bad news.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me the most funny slowroll in streamed poker is, when Shaun Deep flopped quads against Mike Matusow, who had an overpair. That one is hilarious, because Shaun somehow managed to let the entire table except Mike know, a slowroll was in progress, and then Mike got really mad at him afterwards. There is also a girl at the table, how were engaged in friedly conversation during the hand, and the look on her face, when Shaun tables quads and say "ok I call", is simply priceless....

Deeb slow rolling Matusow is one of my favorites also - it's hysterical when players such as Matusow and Helmuth who are frequently rude start lecturing others when it comes to poker etiquette.

However, my real favorites are when slow rolls backfire and there are a few classics on You Tube....both of these win with the same card on the river...

The first is from an Irish Poker Open when a German player Andreas, slow rolls Donnacha
O'Dea who is regarded as a poker icon in ireland...it does not go well...

My all time favorite is at the Aussie Millions when some complete tool, Habb, attempts to slow roll Samantha Abernathy. In fact he angles when he makes his initial bet then starts acting like a drama queen as the hand plays out. He get his ass handed back to him on the river...and the fact Jason Somerville is commentating and cheering for Samantha Abernathy really makes the clip...

Last edited:
sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Yes, sometimes as soon as you do not have to play).It's a game for that and a game to play!But the result is not always the same as in the video).

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deeb slow rolling Matusow is one of my favorites also - it's hysterical when players such as Matusow and Helmuth who are frequently rude start lecturing others when it comes to poker etiquette.

However, my real favorites are when slow rolls backfire and there are a few classics on You Tube....both of these win with the same card on the river...

The first is from an Irish Poker Open when a German player Andreas, slow rolls Donnacha
O'Dea who is regarded as a poker icon in Ireland...it does not go well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nidPzeJ3fg

My all time favorite is at the Aussie Millions when some complete tool, Habb, attempts to slow roll Samantha Abernathy. In fact he angles when he makes his initial bet then starts acting like a drama queen as the hand plays out. He get his ass handed back to him on the river...and the fact Jason Somerville is commentating and cheering for Samantha Abernathy really makes the clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Am0D87tEc

I think in some situations slow play is ideal imo (if someone else still has to play after you for example in a multi-pot situation).

But... if the literal only action left is to call or fold... you are a special kind of person if you slow play there.

Karma is a fantastic thing.

Top 10 Games