Slow Players: Don't be that guy

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of those who put ZZZZ in chat or are in a hurry to play are the same ones that always eliminate in the early stages of a tournament, poker takes time if you want to play fast I think it is best that you enter ZOOM tables

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no need to prove anything to some impatient fool online
have a profitable day at the tables, winner, whiner ,whatever

at least i don't LIE in online forum for feel better, i say what i really do, you is a joke lier, you are known to me now as a liar

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time limits are in the rules, but it's irratating when someone abuses them.
I don't mind a player running the clock down, but I get slightly annoyed when
another player or even a third does the same, doubling or tripling the allowed time

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This unfortunately is the tragedy with playing more than 1-2 tournaments at a time. If you get caught up in one, you lose track of another. There's also times that players get distracted where they are with something else. Could be a tv, music, family, friends, etc. Just the nature of the game sometimes sadly.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the delay in executing the move can also be a mess to get the opponent out of concentration and make him tilt

poker is a patience game if you lose it you will lose the game too

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least i don't LIE in online forum for feel better, i say what i really do, you is a joke lier, you are known to me now as a liar
so what, nice private message too
but I actually have played against quite a few pros at Fulltilt back in the day
used to play daily with scott fischmann, omaha , phil ivey played the nickel tables once
won a t-shirt by knocking a pro out of a tourney esther something or another, don't remember
chris ferguson played the freerolls and at his play chip table
mark vos used to jump around the quarter tables
karina jett knocked me out of the double deuce but I won 350$
I don't need to go on this is a waste of my time, but im just saying
you don't know where ive been or what ive done
so let it end there
have a profitable day

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I don't like this kind of player who takes time to play in every hand, I see it especially when they are about to leave the table and do it just to annoy their opponents.[/COLOR]​

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The delay may be due to the player being playing more than one tournament at a time... Sometimes, I usually take time to take action, but this is because I play at multiple tables and also need to think about what I'm doing, right?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I hate:mad: players that take too long for a simple check, EVERY single play they take almost 30 seconds to act! :sleep:, on cardchat freeroll club today there was one, my god, looks like it's on purpose, boring guys
don't be that kind of player please
Would you like a tissue.

3505f1ce63359be33760cb93398fd329.png

Patience Grasshopper, with no patience you'll never survive as a poker player, the clock is there for EVERYONE to use how they please.

:top:
who are you to say whether or not I should play live? reasonable in every Simple fold or call?
wake up man
That is not what he said, re read his post.

Patience Grasshopper.
I've been playing online for years, stop talking about what you don't know
Fergson or Dwan hahahahah, live poker is other thing
If you've been playing online for years as you say, then why haven't you developed the major skill of patience yet. :hmmmm:

Patience Grasshopper.

:flute: you is another one who likes to delay the game, don't worry russian guy....
No one is delaying any game by using their time clock, if you don't like it stop playing and whining about it, no one is forcing you to play.

Patience Grasshopper, you show you have none when you go down the racist path, why include that the guy is Russian (note the capital R) unless sounding like a bigger fool is your thing.

:bandit:
And now everyone on CardsChat can see that you make decisions using emotions.

Good luck with that and poker.

used to play daily with scott fischmann, omaha , phil ivey played the nickel tables once
won a t-shirt by knocking a pro out of a tourney esther something or another, don't remember
so let it end there
have a profitable day
Sounds like it boils down to immaturity.

Do you realise that you can report private messages, from the way he replies here to people I can imagine what sort of crap he PM'd to you. Click the white triangle on the PM.

970979aab0035046e3406faf60e9f5e1.png

:D

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you like a tissue.

3505f1ce63359be33760cb93398fd329.png

Patience Grasshopper, with no patience you'll never survive as a poker player, the clock is there for EVERYONE to use how they please.

That is not what he said, re read his post.

Patience Grasshopper.

If you've been playing online for years as you say, then why haven't you developed the major skill of patience yet. :hmmmm:

Patience Grasshopper.

No one is delaying any game by using their time clock, if you don't like it stop playing and whining about it, no one is forcing you to play.

Patience Grasshopper, you show you have none when you go down the racist path, why include that the guy is Russian (note the capital R) unless sounding like a bigger fool is your thing.

:bandit:

And now everyone on CardsChat can see that you make decisions using emotions.

Good luck with that and poker.

Sounds like it boils down to immaturity.

Do you realise that you can report private messages, from the way he replies here to people I can imagine what sort of crap he PM'd to you. Click the white triangle on the PM.

970979aab0035046e3406faf60e9f5e1.png

:D
thanks for the info,
I have no reason to lie about poker. For what and why would I lie ?
I agree about maturity. I also agree if you have years of experience you should have patience by now
I did tell him I would report it if he didn't stop and he pm'd me back he would stop
so I'm leaving it there, but thank you for letting me know how

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
end of this topic for me
I don't want any more confusion or discussion, other members may want even more meaningless discussion
I'm just going to open a topic now just for things that do not bring disagreement between the members, because any missunderstand word they can call me whatever, even they not be ofended by me, these type of people in poker table is a very weak player( thats why they try to understand others areas of life, like "emotions" in online poker, really?) , in a discuss they just act like a young boy , with a Google images pic, even is maybe 3x older than me,
I'm not racist ( tell the name of a country can be a missunderstand nowdays) or immature (probably a ofense, in 70's), I leave my real apologies to the older or over 50years, you have been through many things in life apparently (thats why likes these type try to be the "the nice ironic guy") grasshopper? this is a sentence in 70's? i never hear before)

because in real life, these people don't talk with much people. (over 34k posts, you have a lot of time)
I was just in a other "state of mind" , making it clear, sorry for those who felt insulted, leave it in the past. (gwj63 and Zorba, or even other)
if will reply after this my comment, don't bring more acid jokes or meaninless discution because i don't wanna be banned for a little discuss, although you two offended me too "have a profitable day", see you in real poker tables to see you hold your time clock after i have a full house in the flop, bye

T

timeforachange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know how it works on other sites, about how much time you get per round of action. it seems that they give way to much time for disconnects and time banking. and then sometimes I think they do it on purpose to make you bet then get free chips because u try to fast bet them. just a theory

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the slow play myself and it does bother me. However, the clock is there for a reason. It is the players' right and choice to take as long as the time allows.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I'm close to getting into the money I pull the time, and many are one write, and think differently ...

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very annoying at first, but then you kind of get used to it, and you don't even notice.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That's why every site has a time clock. There are a number of reasons why a play might consistently use the full allocation:

1) Multi-tabling. If they are playing a lot of tables at the same time, the window will only pop and flash when they have a few seconds left.
2) Close to the bubble. If they are short stacked and trying to ladder up, they may deliberately stall so that as many other players go out before they have to play another hand. This is particularly prevalent in large free rolls and low stakes MTT's.
3) Avoiding online "tells". There is credence in the theory that the time it takes to bet online can give away information. By taking the same amount of time to bet every single time, you remove this tell from your game.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so let it end there
have a profitable day

I remember all that too, back then I would see Jen Harmon , Chris Ferguson , Howard Lederer ( maybe spelling his name wrong ) playing at FullTilt.. it was quite common, but that's why they were there, to be visible and increase interest in the site. There were more than that, however those are the only three I remember being at tables with ... Gotta love being called out as liar by peeps that have no clue what they are talking about

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember all that too, back then I would see Jen Harmon , Chris Ferguson , Howard Lederer ( maybe spelling his name wrong ) playing at FullTilt.. it was quite common, but that's why they were there, to be visible and increase interest in the site. There were more than that, however those are the only three I remember being at tables with ... Gotta love being called out as liar by peeps that have no clue what they are talking about

thank you
I remember now, I did play a few pots with jen harman
tried to bluff her and she called me for about 150$ if I remember correctly
played with clonie gowan once in a sit n go
played 7 stud with perry friedman
theres so many I don't remember
but what do I know,right
i'm just a liar ;)

WSMFP1986

WSMFP1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do need to stop a lot of tanking, I have heard a few pro player bringing this up, sometimes tanking is good when you have a strong hand but tanking just to fold 2 minutes later should be looked in to, I do admit I have done it to hide how strong I really am but never when not only not having anything, most the time some guys are no where even close, if you don't have a hand don't tank

Z

zawada956

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
each player has the right to use his time to the maximum