otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Does anyone else get bored at the start of a freeroll tournament waiting for people to take their turn?
Sometimes it can take forever just to get going.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tough I am the only one who get tilted in the begging of tournaments . Usually I late registration for tournaments that late registration is available , or i just sit out for little bit , every time I get very tilted waiting for other people .
What is your strategy in this kind of situation ?

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The problem with the beginning of the freerolls tournaments is that many sign up just in case they can play them.
Once those players are absent in the 1st move, it becomes more attractive later.
In general, in Cardschat freerolls you don't have that problem because when the Cardschat team gives the password 25 minutes before the tournament, those who are active are noted.
That's why for me cardschat freerolls are the best.
I don't play other freerolls
Regards:):):)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone else get bored at the start of a freeroll tournament waiting for people to take their turn?
Slow play in poker is underbetting a strong hand to lure other players to call but it seems you're talking about something else. Can you clarify what you are asking?

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The problem with the beginning of the freerolls tournaments is that many sign up just in case they can play them.
Once those players are absent in the 1st move, it becomes more attractive later.
In general, in Cardschat freerolls you don't have that problem because when the Cardschat team gives the password 25 minutes before the tournament, those who are active are noted.
That's why for me cardschat freerolls are the best.
I don't play other freerolls
Regards:):):)
Thank you 👍

I need a fishing rod here 🐠

Anyone?
???

Slow play in poker is underbetting a strong hand to lure other players to call but it seems you're talking about something else. Can you clarify what you are asking?
It seems that players are not ready for the tournament. Why enter if you are not going to play?

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. Waiting for your turn at the table is a standart poker situation. I think so.
And even slow play from other player often is not a reason to become angry. Especially if it's a freeroll.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You can always (every single hand) raise a little bit (or even go all-in) so the people with possible timewasting manners wouldnt slow the game down too much lol ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cure against boredom in online poker is to play multible tables at the same time. Like for instance the freeroll but also 3 regular paid games. If thats not an option, then do something else on the side. It is after all just a freeroll, so you literally can not lose, even you are not playing your A-game ;)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm never bored. I just don't have time for that :)
I usually play 4-6 tables and my game session is always very dynamic. Try to play 2-3 tables and you won't have time to get bored either.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that players are not ready for the tournament. Why enter if you are not going to play?
You're referring to the sit-outs who don't play but consume time during their action? Don't worry, their action is skipped after the first round. I do not get bored with poker. :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it annoys me when there are several players left before getting into the prizes and there are players with short stacks who start dragging their time and playing slowly, as if these 50 cents will change something in their lives

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
This amazes me especially in hyper freerolls where players count down the time on each hand. I have no idea what the intention behind it is. With the few starting chips and the short time, overfolding brings zero point nothing.
However, staying relaxed is the most important thing.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play or Quickly play... What's a problem?!. Don't sweat it! I think, main have enough patience, and then will a good result! That's all!

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
it annoys me when there are several players left before getting into the prizes and there are players with short stacks who start dragging their time and playing slowly, as if these 50 cents will change something in their lives
Why does that annoy you? Short stacks just want to try and get a tiny piece of the prize money pie. A deep run is not foreseeable in this phase and if the card death then comes, that is understandable.
The fact that blinds and antes increase is often ignored.
For deep stacks, the best phase is to take the blinds right from them.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I have seen that in CC freerolls. And while I personally do sometimes "stall" in regular MTTs, I think, its bad etiquette to do it in freerolls and especially communite games like those, CC run. We did not pay anything to enter, and as you say, are those 50 cents (or sometimes even less) really that important, that we need to seek out every little edge, we can find??? Seems a bit pathetic to me ;)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah I have seen that in CC freerolls. And while I personally do sometimes "stall" in regular MTTs, I think, its bad etiquette to do it in freerolls and especially communite games like those, CC run. We did not pay anything to enter, and as you say, are those 50 cents (or sometimes even less) really that important, that we need to seek out every little edge, we can find??? Seems a bit pathetic to me ;)

Making up your own Poker etiquette/to do list...for the maniacal?

Cool story though...I'll be sure to use the whole 10 second timer when you're at my table.

It's Poker mate...where players get to deliberate and plan their action or indeed, inaction.

If you don't like waiting about, go play actual Bingo...rather than inflict it on the communitaaa!

That was my Cartman impression btw

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sometimes it's better that you get up a few minutes later, that it doesn't hurt with the blinds but that everything is already up and running.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why does that annoy you? Short stacks just want to try and get a tiny piece of the prize money pie. A deep run is not foreseeable in this phase and if the card death then comes, that is understandable.
The fact that blinds and antes increase is often ignored.
For deep stacks, the best phase is to take the blinds right from them.
well, how can I explain to you why this annoys me... are there things that annoy you in this life?

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in CC freerolls it looks both pathetic and disrespectful to the players at the table

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making up your own Poker etiquette/to do list...for the maniacal?

Cool story though...I'll be sure to use the whole 10 second timer when you're at my table.

It's Poker mate...where players get to deliberate and plan their action or indeed, inaction.

If you don't like waiting about, go play actual Bingo...rather than inflict it on the communitaaa!

That was my Cartman impression btw
if I don't like waiting, it doesn't mean that anyone can tell me to go play bingo or anything else, nobody tells you what to play. About the fact that someone is imposing something on someone, it's not so, the rules do not prohibit playing slowly, it's just that not everyone likes such a slow game and what's wrong with that if you write about it in a topic about a slow game

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
if I don't like waiting, it doesn't mean that anyone can tell me to go play bingo or anything else, nobody tells you what to play. About the fact that someone is imposing something on someone, it's not so, the rules do not prohibit playing slowly, it's just that not everyone likes such a slow game and what's wrong with that if you write about it in a topic about a slow game

They call that hypocrisy .

Well then, this is what they do....you do whatever the f... you want.

If you want the freedom to share your own opinions , then other people have a right to express theirs.

Not a difficult concept to understand, even if not appreciated.

Last edited:
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can play another tournament with more action, while playing the freeroll, so you will not have problem of boring!