gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I myself play quite a bit of each, I love running deep in a tourney, feels so good but I find sit n go's more of a quick, easy, relaxing game. Saying that I guess i would prefer to play sit n go's for profit, as I seem to win a lot more sit n go's than I cash deep in tourneys, even tho I cash fairly regularly, it seems like sit n go's are a more positive e.v spot for me. What do you prefer, a long grind in a tourney? Or a nice turbo sit n go? What stake do you usually play at as well and on what site?:confused::confused:

If your goal is to build a bankroll, my recommendation would be to grind the SNGs, because the variance is lower than in tournaments where the number of players is much higher. With the time when you have grown in the balance of money and you feel comfortable you can also add some tournaments in your game.

If you want to get started with SNGs I highly recommend pokerstars because they have the most diverse range of turbo SNG, with pretty good traffic at any time at small and micro stakes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do they still have SNG's?
SnG's are what I started out on while playing online poker. (& MTT's). Then they started with the hypers.... and now it's the Spin's. :(
I'd love to see the 45man & 27man sng's make a big comeback! (ie. 5% rake might get a movement going?). Even just the old 1500 chip chipstacks like the old Fulltilt days. Those games were great!

Where do people play Sng's at these days? ... if I could find games I might give them a try some days.

Multi table SnGs still run regularly on Stars both turbos and regular speed.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both options are worth considering. I play in SnG tournaments and also play in MTT tournaments. Overall, I prefer tournaments on PokerStars or 888.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do they still have SNG's?
SnG's are what I started out on while playing online poker. (& MTT's). Then they started with the hypers.... and now it's the Spin's. :(
I'd love to see the 45man & 27man sng's make a big comeback! (ie. 5% rake might get a movement going?). Even just the old 1500 chip chipstacks like the old Fulltilt days. Those games were great!

Where do people play Sng's at these days? ... if I could find games I might give them a try some days.

They have SNGs at all sites, all stakes im pretty sure, not sure what sites you play on but the sites I play on 888,s pokerstars, and partypoker all have a bunch of nice SNGs to choose from. Pokerstars offering the best options.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good points, Tmoney, but honestly in poker, what feels better than 1st place binking a tourney? lol

Binking a tournament is a very nice rush of adrenaline, feels pretty darn good, even top 2 or 3 feels pretty good, but you can't beat the feeling of a win, I haven't shipped one in a long time online except satellites. I have just won top two in a 5 starscoin tourney for a 11 Sunday storm ticket which i am pretty excited to play . That being said I take down second here and there in MTT's but I win a lot more SNG's to make profit or buy-in's for bigger MTT's playing this crazy game.:D:D:D

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your goal is to build a bankroll, my recommendation would be to grind the SNGs, because the variance is lower than in tournaments where the number of players is much higher. With the time when you have grown in the balance of money and you feel comfortable you can also add some tournaments in your game.

If you want to get started with SNGs I highly recommend Pokerstars because they have the most diverse range of turbo SNG, with pretty good traffic at any time at small and micro stakes.

Yes I agree with this for sure, when my bankroll drops down to a low spot I get back on my SNG grind and try to build it back up, usually happens to unless I am running very poorly. I play on Pokerstars quite regularly because of the reasons you explained, I find it to be the best site for quick filling games. 888 is not that bad either, might be a smaller site but the SNG's seem to fill up fairly quickly at any time of the day and I find players on 888 to be easier to win against in the long run of things, honestly the majority of which or eastern European oddly enough.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer sngs, but they seem like they are becoming harder and harder to find and take longer to fill.

On all the bigger sites they seem to be easier to find, like Stars or 888. I agree though, these tourneys are definitely a lot slower to fill up then in the past. We can't give up on them or soon they will just get ride of them because lack of players and I absolutely love SNGs they are my bread and butter when it comes to NLH. I find myself winning more SNGs then playing any other variation of poker, I can win in cash but it is not even close to as consistent I win in these 9 handed SNG turbos. probably win a easy 100 a day playing them depending on my time playing. Gimme 4 hours and I can most likely win close to a 100 fairly easily depending on how I'm running and how good the players are that are playing with me. Cheers:beerglass:beerglass

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can play both modes, depending on how much money you have, if you have little, you better go and sits 6 players.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
game sit a go turbo and normal

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game sit a go turbo and normal

9 handed turbos are my favorite type of SNGs, I tend to win more money playing the 9 handed games over the six handed. The 9 handed turbos give you the chance to play nice and snug without having a very long drawn out game like the regular ones. The turbo variant is by far my favorite, just a all around great game to make profit playing if you are any good at SNGs. Cheers

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love playing in tournaments,but as time became a rare commodity,i started playing sngs or cash games,tough i must admin i miss the grinding involved in a tournament play..

Mordecoke

Mordecoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the time for a tournament then play tournaments. Sit n go's are much quicker. You can build up your bankroll steadily by playing sit n go's. Much more difficult to cash in a tournament but higher payouts. As long as you have a good bankroll, just grind tournaments. Just depends on how much time you have.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play sitngo when I have time restraints. I've found the level of play is stronger at a sitngo as well.....good practice.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't play many MTTs (regular speed) because they require much of my time. I like SNG 90/180 player turbos on Pokerstars , they have many no brain spots if you understand the dynamics which sometimes is really boring. You just hoping to win the critical flips and that's it!

Mixing up those two types may be the best option in my opinion , some poker rooms also offer capped MTT for example with 500 players. This may be more convenient for many players.

But to be honest nothing is compared to the feeling of a MTT final table!

Best of luck :)

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer SNG tournaments more. To play MTT, I need a lot of patience and a lot of free time. MTTs are much less common than SNGs, in this regard, SNGs are also more convenient. I still play micro SNG at PokerStars, but later I plan to move to higher limits and devote much more time to poker.

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT

sit go it's ok for with 90mans plas to beat the variance. but I really enjoy mtt on smaller sites as GGnetwork, unibet and so on:bike:

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play both but I play tournaments the most. In SnG, the varianz is not that extreme. I mostly play SnG on stars because there is little traffic for sng on other sites. I mostly play 45 man, 180 and 9 man single table.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sit and Go on pokerstars $5.
Try as I might I just find mtt far too long winded.
I play on a table with 9 and pretty much always end up in the final 3 so I make a profit.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's important how much time do i have.
If i don't have enough time it's better to play SnG.