Sit n Go(micro)

A

augustolorenzzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I'm playing SIT N GOs, I stay above average(like 4-5 times the inicial stack) n somehow I manage to get short on the final table. It's almost like I can't play when I'm big stack. I need some advices.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't slow down! Keep your foot on the gas and pressure the shorter stacks.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a large stack on the final table, it is not necessary to push the short stacks. After all, it is often necessary to close the allin not with the best hand. You can push on the average stacks. Or if you are not sure how to play with a large stack, you can simply fold mediocre hands, play carefully, and wait for short stacks to fly out. Personally, I choose the latter.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Thats the test the old people like to give you. They like to pound you a while. Meaning to throw it after you been pounded enough. You usually just lose blinds till two thirds to three quarters of your chips are gone. If blinds up there it goes to half your chips.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What got you to the final table? Trying to make all the right plays correct? It's the same thing now, only blinds are obviously much bigger. You can't play too tight, or you're going to get blinded out. Be confident in yourself, don't be bullied, and just play your best.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play comfortable ate the final table so I try to be big stack in the middle of the tourney.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its probably ebbs and flows to some degree, but you could be altering your play style negatively if consistent. Also the blinds tend to hit you harder the further you go in tournaments. You might have to consider altering your ranges a bit sooner to keep from getting blinded out.

mc grindah

mc grindah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that when the blinds reach 100/200 or around that it's about finding spots to steal as many pots as possible, even at the early stages those small pots you win all add up in the long run.

I had a rough time at first and I'm still learning a lot, when I get to the final table with a good stack I tighten my range and try my best not to get into any flips.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've reached final tables with a good sized stack then well done. But you probably didn't get there by playing the same way the whole way. You likely made some adjustments to your game as you moved into the middle stage and needed to build a stack. The adjustments were probably in how wide a range you played and how aggressive you became. When you arrive at the final table you should pay attention to your opponents' stack sizes and the pay jumps. Avoid the bigger stacks and concentrate on the smaller stacks. Hit them when you are in position to induce a fold so you can grab the blinds. Just these 2 adjustments will go a long way in bringing you success at the final table.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most probably it's because there's less action in general ITM, many people are waiting for other players to get kicked out. Some take advantage of this tight part of the game and steal pot after pot, others are being stolen...

mad_bad

mad_bad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big think

Find push&fold shits and crush ftb gl

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressively, of course with good hands...