Sit n go

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently been playing a lot of sit n go’s recently on lowest possible stakes to get practice, varying between 2p and 25p on pokerstars and their is fair bit of variety of options such as 360 players, 40+ players and 90+ players their is also the single table sit n go and which would you say is the best to play? As when playing with the 360 players I normally get in the money which you need to finish in top 36 and find it very long and not really worth it for 14p

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently been playing a lot of sit n go’s recently on lowest possible stakes to get practice, varying between 2p and 25p on PokerStars and their is fair bit of variety of options such as 360 players, 40+ players and 90+ players their is also the single table sit n go and which would you say is the best to play? As when playing with the 360 players I normally get in the money which you need to finish in top 36 and find it very long and not really worth it for 14p

There are pros and cons to every tournament type. I love mtts but they can literally take days to complete [emoji854].

I wouldn’t base what you play on what you’ve had more success in at this early point (when you’re just starting to play sngs) as you’ll quickly have a more significant sample in whichever size you play. Instead, I’d focus on the longer term issues—which tournaments are most realistic for your schedule, which do you most enjoy and feel the most motivated to continually improve in?

Of course if you feel confident in your ability to adjust between types then more options are open to you, even more so if you multitable. In a given session I’ll play for around 8ish hours. I’ll start loading any speed mtt (including slower tournaments that have potential to run longer than my standard session length if I am somewhat deep in them), then I start limiting the potential length more as my day progresses. Next I’d stop loading regular speed mtts, then even turbo mtts with only a couple hours left. All the while I will have been interspersing mttsng and sngs in order to get to the number of tables I want up that day.

Hope this helps and best of luck! [emoji4]

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are able to deposit at least 100$, then I recommend skipping these penny events and go directly to either the 1$ 45 man or the 1,5$ 6-18 mans. The issue with the latter is, the rake is very high for whatever reason, so personally I began with the 1$ 45 man. You can also look at the offerings on other poker sites, and partypoker in particular seem to have way more reasonable rake for single table SnGs at the low limits. The downside is, it seem to be all turbos, which is not so great in my opinion.

The problem with the penny events is, it takes forever to build up a bankroll to a point, where it feels even remotely worth your time. As you say with the 10c 360 man you play for hours to win 14c, and it really feels kind of silly. I have only played these a few times, when PokerStars gave me 10c tickets in the chests.

The real money is mostly in MTTs these days, and staying with PokerStars you want to shorten the time, you have to spend, before you are bankrolled for events like the 2,2-4,4$ "big", the 3,3$ PKOs and so on and so forth. Of course you can also play similar events on other poker sites.

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are able to deposit at least 100$, then I recommend skipping these penny events and go directly to either the 1$ 45 man or the 1,5$ 6-18 mans. The issue with the latter is, the rake is very high for whatever reason, so personally I began with the 1$ 45 man. You can also look at the offerings on other poker sites, and PartyPoker in particular seem to have way more reasonable rake for single table SnGs at the low limits. The downside is, it seem to be all turbos, which is not so great in my opinion.

The problem with the penny events is, it takes forever to build up a bankroll to a point, where it feels even remotely worth your time. As you say with the 10c 360 man you play for hours to win 14c, and it really feels kind of silly. I have only played these a few times, when PokerStars gave me 10c tickets in the chests.

The real money is mostly in MTTs these days, and staying with PokerStars you want to shorten the time, you have to spend, before you are bankrolled for events like the 2,2-4,4$ "big", the 3,3$ PKOs and so on and so forth. Of course you can also play similar events on other poker sites.

Completely agree with your points, being fairly pointless playing low stakes for very little return however I am trying to build a bankroll but due to being fairly new I don’t want to deposit too much and I am playing for fun more than the money side currently that’s why I’m trying to stick to as low as possible stakes. So I don’t just blow $100 straight away. But will have a look at PartyPoker! Thank you

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are pros and cons to every tournament type. I love mtts but they can literally take days to complete [emoji854].

I wouldn’t base what you play on what you’ve had more success in at this early point (when you’re just starting to play sngs) as you’ll quickly have a more significant sample in whichever size you play. Instead, I’d focus on the longer term issues—which tournaments are most realistic for your schedule, which do you most enjoy and feel the most motivated to continually improve in?

Of course if you feel confident in your ability to adjust between types then more options are open to you, even more so if you multitable. In a given session I’ll play for around 8ish hours. I’ll start loading any speed mtt (including slower tournaments that have potential to run longer than my standard session length if I am somewhat deep in them), then I start limiting the potential length more as my day progresses. Next I’d stop loading regular speed mtts, then even turbo mtts with only a couple hours left. All the while I will have been interspersing mttsng and sngs in order to get to the number of tables I want up that day.

Hope this helps and best of luck! [emoji4]

Great insight to your schedule and very helpful for future if I begin to multi table, love the logical side you have gone for turbo’s near the end of the session, will definitely keep that in mind

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great insight to your schedule and very helpful for future if I begin to multi table, love the logical side you have gone for turbo’s near the end of the session, will definitely keep that in mind

Thanks and glad to hear it was helpful. :)

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys. Good to know these ideas. Been wasting my money at the spin games.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely agree with your points, being fairly pointless playing low stakes for very little return however I am trying to build a bankroll but due to being fairly new I don’t want to deposit too much and I am playing for fun more than the money side currently that’s why I’m trying to stick to as low as possible stakes. So I don’t just blow $100 straight away. But will have a look at PartyPoker! Thank you

If depositing 100$ is not an option, then the 25c 45-man and 90-man on PokerStars are reasonable for practicing. The reason is, they have 10 and 15 min blind intervals respectively, so you get at least some postflop play in these, whereas in the turbos like the 10c 360 man its very limited.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently been playing a lot of sit n go’s recently on lowest possible stakes to get practice, varying between 2p and 25p on PokerStars and their is fair bit of variety of options such as 360 players, 40+ players and 90+ players their is also the single table sit n go and which would you say is the best to play? As when playing with the 360 players I normally get in the money which you need to finish in top 36 and find it very long and not really worth it for 14p
try to focus your attention on single table cis 6 max and max and 18 max with regular levels of 10 minutes. all of them usually last no more than an hour, but with a play of hands and experience, you will more often take prizes and your $ per hour will increase. the more people, the more variance. yes, and the structure of the tournaments is very important, give priority to regular cis. and later gradually switch to MTT

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly like the 0.25c the better, with 45 people. I'ts not that hard to get into the money and it fells to me as a better investment, specially when ocmparing with the 0.02c and 0.10c

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my opinion the best are those at a table, either 6 or 9 players. Even HU sit-ups are ideal if you don't want to spend so much time playing

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always chosen a table for 36 players. And not a little and not a lot. It was the most convenient for me.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play the 180 players sitngos , also 90 players bounty

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The 180 player micro stakes tournaments I have found to be the easiest to get ITM regularly but they are a bit of a grind.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I want to win some money the 6-max Single Table Sit & Go (or 6-max Zoom poker) is a consistent winner. If I want to lose some money I enter a big Full-Ring tournament.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sng is really a very successful tournament for practice or when you can't play one tournament for a very long time. But playing at very low limits is very stressful)) I can advise you to try from 50 cents to 1.5 dollars and the number of players up to 100. This is great on time (short) and very close to the average mt ;) I also noticed that there are less crazy players in such tournaments and there is an opportunity to really gain knowledge for big tournaments ;)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I started playing sng, I started with the 25-cent-90-player sng, I almost always reached award-winning positions, but when I tried to play the 45-player one I always found it more difficult, I think that both 25 cents were fine to start, and the of 10 cents (360 players), you can put your knowledge to the test, you can try strategies, to see how some players play, each sng has something different, the 10 cent many start playing a little aggressive and even a little crazy, those of 25 pennies I think they are a little stronger, I think the players are a little more focused on what they do and have more patience, is what I remember when I played those sng