SIMPLE QUESTION

neilzelkin

neilzelkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you

I would like to apologize for causing so much uproar over my "vague" post. I wrote the post in the midst of a bad run of cards and was more venting than searching for an answer. I did not mean to abuse the goals of the forum with selfish motives. It was a stupid question and while a bit harsh the response was somewhat understandable.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason I joined the forum was to improve my game. Some questions, while might seeming simple to some people could be helpful. I could use any help I could get.

Simple questions are good.

Ask them and they will be answered, in depth.

vague questions are pointless. Poker is a situational and villain dependent game. No two situations are exactly the same. So the vaguer the question, the more difficult it is to answer.

Make use of the HA section.

If you post a specific hand along with any reads or stats you have on the villain, people can talk about how it was played and how it could be played better.

Over time you will build a mental picture of how different situations are played.

If the question is too vague, it ceases to have any specific meaning and could easily be paraphrased as 'how do I play poker?'

Whilst this forum is good, you are never going to get an answer which satisfactorily answers that question.

Being specific in your questions is important, however they can be as simple as you want but they must be specific.

Hand Analysis is the easiest way for you to post a specific question.. make use of it. It will help you game immensely.

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u already know what u are doing wrong...if u at a tight table then sometimes its ok just to double the blinds preflop...just cause an ace comes doesnt mean that someone has one....know ur players....put chips in to gain info......if u in a regular game u have to focus more and always raise preflop with those....forget what they think or even if u think they might have u on a big pair.....sometimes the best thing u can do is be completely obvious with betting ur big hands...some people take that as a bluff

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, if you guys have moved past the point of giveing advice with out making personal attacks, maybe you should stop giving advice all together. We have all seen that same question asked 100s of times or ones just like it, but look at the person asking it. 37 posts and plays at Bodog......ie NEW TO POKER. This community is better than this, we need to get back to doing what we do best, TALKING with eachother about poker, learning and teaching with respect shown to EVERY member from the newest member to Nick

I think this is an excellent well written response. A reply simply asking for hand histories would have suffice I think. You see far too many forums where new members get shot down in flames for slightly ill informed postings.

So Niel, do you have hand histories for people to give opinions on?

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im assuming you're pretty new to poker here. NEVER slowplay KK, QQ pf. If the pot is unraised when it's your turn then raise it. Raise it the same amount you would any other hand.

Don't have winrates for KK, QQ but both should be near the top of your most profitable hands over any decent sample.

There's a post here somewhere about Way Ahead/ Way Behind (WA/WB) situations that helped me in situations where you have KK, QQ on A high flop. The basic gist of it was to check the flop if you were the raiser because if you cbet only hands that you were way ahead of would fold.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you have to bet 4-5 times bb because the most cards you afraid from are mid cards and you don't want them to play