Showing hands on final tables after all ins

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any value in showing hands after steal attempts on final tables? Or to gain respect when u have shoved with strong holdings?

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At final table mental strength matters most than Cards or our holdings. Showing hands have nothing to do with respect as players at final table have enough experience to disguise their opponents with their multi traits of poker game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180711-030931.jpg
    Screenshot_20180711-030931.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 71
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually, only very new, inexperienced players do this. Perhaps you will deceive everyone by making a display of cards after the theft. Sometimes it is useful to pretend to be a beginner. And show at the same time that you play only the best hands. Or show that they stole only 72o, but then next time you should have a pair of aces.. ;)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is useful to show your hand. For example if you are generally tight player the other players will notice it and hesitate to call frequently your bets. If you bluff them and show it next time they may pay to your big hand raise more easily as they will see that you are not playing only strong hands. On the opposite if you are loose player it may be useful to show some strong hands so that it is later easier to steal with mediocre ones.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By showing hands you might build a good strategy against the others players which can provide you some nice winning hands.;)

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the final table i will never show,,with only a few players on the table it is to easy as it is to get information on players...so what they dont know about what i just did is more to my advantage than to theirs.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my card really really rarely, and I think it's better not to do this at all no matter what table you are at - final or other table. No point in boasting, better keep 'em guessing! When you show your card, sharp and observant opponents will inevitably get some good info from you about your play, you just may not notice that but you always leave gen for them. They will see not only how you were playing on the river but what you were doing on every street on every given card. Well, this time your bluff worked well but what about another time when you meet the same players? Even if you wish to confuse someone and get some advantage it seems you give more than you receive back.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I when in tournaments I get to the final tables then I very rarely show the cards to the players, but it's better not to do so that players do not receive information about you!

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any card you show is free information to another player. Poker is a game of information. Have them pay to see your cards instead. No information should be given freely in my opinion.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to show my cards, I don't like to pass information of the hands I'm playing! I prefer to leave my opponent in doubts and assumptions by almost never showing the cards (only in showdown / all-in situations)

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the players. But I think in most cases better to show .

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I never show my cards, much less if it is at the final table, some people do it in a mocking way, especially if it's a bluff or something, I do not do it because I think I'll give more details of my game

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you are sure you'll get an edge, it's better not to show (and not give away any info).

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have auto-muck on all of the time. But sometimes showing hand at a couple good at a final table might help. When the blinds and antes are big, you can pick up more of those by doing so.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will never show my hand unless they pay for it. I do not want to give them free information and prefer to keep them guessing.

There is really on one hand I would show for free. Of course I have only had 1 royal flush in my life so that I would make an exception for showing.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a simple rule. Never show my hand unless I have to. If anybody asks "what did you have?", I answer with "I forgot". I know about 'advertising', but I don't see any value in it. There is enough of that when my bluffs get called. When someone folds to my bet, I see NO reason to show my hand.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, only very new, inexperienced players do this. Perhaps you will deceive everyone by making a display of cards after the theft. Sometimes it is useful to pretend to be a beginner. And show at the same time that you play only the best hands. Or show that they stole only 72o, but then next time you should have a pair of aces.. ;)

When a new player does it, it's almost always an ego thing. "Look how smart I am! I bluffed you out!".

N

NJW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand unless I have to.

Sometimes leaving self doubt and uncertainty in your opponents mind is much stronger than trying to build an image by showing a bluff/strong hand.

R

Ruben7442

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides it gives your opponent information, it can affect your own thinking process. I noticed that a couple of times by myself. I was constantly questioning myself about how I played that hand everyone saw and how I should anticipate on that. That's the reason I don't show my cards anymore.

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show my cards. if I show it just when I'm bluffing. To slightly annoy my opponent

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any value in showing hands after steal attempts on final tables? Or to gain respect when u have shoved with strong holdings?

It isn't really that useful at the final tables. Showing a hand here and there is a rather cheap attempt to make people put you on a certain range of hands. Players that reached the FT of a tournament usually are good enough not to fall for it.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't say showing hands is good in any situation.
I would recommend showing your cards when you play in a friendly environment, but only for fun.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I never show my cards after an all in, I prefer that they stay with the doubt and so I do not give myself away so much with my plays

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show cards- that's giving away information.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands