showed the bluff

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in a cardschat freeroll tournament, there was a player who had a lot of chips and was playing like crazy, limping the hands he was playing and showing the bluff he was making several times with high bets, many bigger than the bet.

Given the situation, I played a hand against this villain and ended up being kicked out of the tournament, as I didn't believe he would have a strong hand after showing so many bluffs.

How to deal with this situation?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The best insurance against bluffing is to develop the ability to read your opponents' hands. If they are showing strength and you see that their betting pattern is more likely to correspond to a weak hand, trust your reads.Without this knowledge, your bluffs cannot be as effective and you can easily fall victim to someone else's bluff. Remember that good poker players can not only mix up their playing style, they can also adapt their bluffs to the current conditions of the table and the playing style of their opponents.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He was in a very good victorious situation, where he seemed to win all the time. In this case you try to find a weak moment and a good hand to cut this good mood. You do this carefully and you might have your turn to start winning!

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's very hard to tell when someone is bluffing in the online game, because every new hand is an enigma, which is very good.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Busting a Bluffer online is so hard, even when they are bluffing with a weak hand they seem to catch straights and flushes, i find the only way to beat them is to make sure you have the nuts after the flop and then force them hard on their hand.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing in a cardschat freeroll tournament, there was a player who had a lot of chips and was playing like crazy, limping the hands he was playing and showing the bluff he was making several times with high bets, many bigger than the bet.

Given the situation, I played a hand against this villain and ended up being kicked out of the tournament, as I didn't believe he would have a strong hand after showing so many bluffs.

How to deal with this situation?

Playing in a CC event you have the opportunity to take & update notes to help with your decision making. You really need to be patient & wait for strong hands against this type of player. Focus on your decision making rather than the outcome.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes you're unlucky and you can't do it, play thinking about how the card will come out and try not to focus too much on these players, they still don't stay long

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Forget about this hand. And next time just be patient, wait for a good hand and take his chips.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
illogical actions are a sign of bluff

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, but in free tournaments people have more fun, but when playing in tournaments for money, bluffing is a difficult part of the game

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I also had such situations in this matter, the most important thing is patience and wait for a good hand. And to be honest, I do this myself when I am a Chip Leader

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Usually when I'm playing with these players, you need to try and avoid pre flop all ins, and instead wait for your all in until you have hit the flop in a good way, the shorter you get the less you need to shove with.

When you have already hit top pair minimum, then you have a way better chance that the villain is already very very behind with his random any 2 cards

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That was me, thank a lot for your chips, I had never enough of them.
Those kind of play style killed me a lot if time. That is the hard part of the freeeroll. Keep calm. Let them knock out each other .