Shoving on the bubble? Risk it or wait?

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget the bubble in these situations - play for the win and you will set yourself out from the crowd. The only time you should tighten up to avoid busting before the bubble is in satellites, where every winner gets the same value prize. There you can tighten up if there are smaller stacks who can bust before you.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, everything depends on the situation and my mood.
Of course I can take risks, but it depends on what amount of money I'm waiting for in the prize money. Generally, I'm just trying to play the right game and avoid mistakes, no matter what my place in the tournament.
Good luck.

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bubble shoves are my worst enemy my history with them is sad so i just usually sit n wait for what i think would be an ideal hand to try n double on without letting the blinds suck me out.

pimpbot5000sp3

pimpbot5000sp3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point of the tournament you are looking for a hand to shove. AK is great there because you are going to get called loosely by Ax and Kx from big stack snipers. Your AK has the KQ DOMINATED at 75% to 25% (roughly).

You only have about 2 orbits left before you have to shove any two cards in front of the blinds. I would have done the same if the cards were flipped up pre-flop.

The call was terrible and is definitely a leak in the big stack's game. If you are jamming UTG after a break...what is the WORST hand you show up with? JJ? Maybe TT. The call with KQ is gross.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely shoving in your situation. Bubble or not AK is too good a hand for me to fold there.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The play you made here was fine. If the buyin of the tourny is very high for your bankroll then waiting for ITM might be a better choice, but all the big money in mtts is at the final table and you need to maintain a decent stack to have a realistic chance to get there.