shoving all in

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone noticed that there has been a trend lately of shoving alll in on the 3rd or 4th bet in mtt? Is there a new school of thought that I am missing the boat on? Is is There someone advocating pushing all in because there a is a mathematical edge in many situations. Anyone aware of this school of thought. its making me crazy. Its happened to me numerous times in the last 7/8 tournaments I have played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're speaking of freerolls, not a new trend per se. However, ACRs recent MDS and MOSS series satellites may have encouraged that behavior.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you never mentioned the actual buy-in level of tournaments you are referring to, makes it extremely difficult to provide a meaning full response.

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you say 3rd or 4th bet do you mean 3-bet and 4-bet? In most cases it's going to end up all-in any way. Personally, I hate waiting as people inch their bets up. If you're going to it, do it an expeditious manner and let the cards fall where they may.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye I notice it a lot in free rolls either there bluffing or they got the nuts... up to US poker players to figure it out

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the riskiest play but can be profitable if opponents raise then fold to your shove A lot of the time it is just gambling crazy shoving in micro rebuy periods were nobody folding anything depends on tourney Maths edge comes from shoving due to EV on opponents fold never enter a hand with a raise unless you are willing to go all in

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're being specific to freerolls yeah? If so, the all ins always happen no matter what haha

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3bets and 4bets are most of the time getting it in depending on stack depth, so nothing wrong with 3bet or 4bet jamming. especially if a fish is going to call you light anyways.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7/8 tournaments is too small of a sample size to say anything conclusive, i highly doubt this is a new trend.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its better to all in or fold than 2 5-bet reveal the strength of your hand open the flop floodgate etc.

E

Ehusstle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to crack guys like that its always nice to ehip em good

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation. If you are playing micro or low stakes you could just be running into donkeys. You can find plenty of shove - call charts online that advocate on if/when you push all in. Either that or other players are noticing that you fold a lot when being shoved on and will do it with anything to win the pot.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The 3 handed jackpot SNG at ACR has a lot of folding and shoving all in. To finesse things isn't really worth the time. At times there seems to be a show of respect between players who choose to play and not shove or fold as their only speed. It's nice when that happens.