Should'a, Could'a, etc

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no reason to check that turn. You have a player that called your flop bet which means they floated with air, have some connection to the board, or floated with equity like overcards. If they have air then you arent getting anymore in the hand anyway so might as well bet and take the pot. If they connected with the flop they might now float the turn especially since this is a freeroll so you should bet for value. If they floated flop with overcards then the ace might of hit them and now you are in an excellent spot to pick up value. I didnt even mention the chance they floated with spades and picked up a flush draw on the turn which you can also extract value from.

Its bad luck they got the 2 outer on the river but the key to this hand is what you wrote, you missed a bet on the turn and not a bet as protection but betting for value. You will get called there by a lot of holdings that are worse than yours. I wouldnt go pot on the turn and we are too deep to play for stacks unless there is a villain raise so I would go somewhere around 60% of pot given that your flop bet sizing was a little over half pot.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
missed bet

Thanks and I agree:):):)

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only little amount on spin and gold and i kicked one other out on a 3 man table :
i got Q 10 and a Q and 2 !0 on the flop a other goes all in and i missklicked after that i lost :( and that happend exact then when my money was low how i hate myself for that missklick xD
on GG Poker since than no more luck :(
shit happens but it happens xD

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I like isolating, but 4BB is way to small, when you are out of position against 2 limpers. I would go to minimum 6BB, and since its a freeroll, and stacks are deep, even larger sizes would also be totally fine. With your sizing you are literally begging them to come along and try to either hit something or use their position to outplay you after the flop.

Flop
Like your C-bet and sizing looks fine as well.

Turn
I agree with HP300GOD, that this turn should be bet for value. If he has KQ or KJ, he just picked up a gutshot, so those hands are not going to fold, and you also beat a worse two pair and some random A high, that floated the flop.

River
As played I would also bet for value, but it seems like, you went full pot, and this is way to much. Apart from a somewhat unlikely A5, all his two pair hands would have bet the turn when checked to, and any one pair hand is probably going to fold to such a substantial bet, when a flush is now also possible. So by going so large, you create a situation, where you mainly get action, when you are beat.

To make matters worse, you get raised, and this frankly sucks. You are getting 3:1, so you only need to win 1 out of 4 times, and I cant blame you for calling with top two. But the fact of the matter is, there are a lot of hands, that beat you on this board, and he is probably not raising with anything worse for value. So essentially you have taken a fairly strong hand and played it in a way, so that it has become a tiny little bluffcatcher.

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got caught looking for more money than you deserved, by a ridiculous hand. Shoulda, indeed, earlier.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every is said befor, on the turn I would bet 2/3 pot, and he will fold worst then straight and flush draw, and two pairs. River strikes again.