Should I have made this play?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fair question. a) Given the range of hands villain is showing, 10 10 is pretty solid top tier hand. b) IF (and I don't recall the format of the tournament) it's 6 handed, easy call. c) IF it's a turbo, easy call. Hero only had 30 bb's left so this is a good opportunity to double up to try and make the payscale. There's still 30 or so people to beat to make the money. Now, if it's NOT a turbo and 9 handed....again...like I said previously....I could go either way and not fault myself. If villain was showing stronger hands I'd lean fold. But, a chance to double and cripple a crazy opponent to my left?!? I like that spot.

Thanks, I see some good points to calling especially in those type of tournament structures. I guess I'm just a nit at heart :)

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you go sometimes No

Let it go. I have folded good hands and would have hit and I have had AA many times and played and lost. Frustrating I know. I would have gone though if I was you but fish kill me alot

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a maniac who is displaying madness... His range is any 2 cards from what you are describing or maybe he just had a good run of cards... hard to say if we didn't see what he showed down with. I'm calling a lot in this spot.... but if i'm winning a lot of pots without putting myself at risk going all in... then i might fold and continue playing the style that is working for me instead of playing his game by gambling.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was showing garbage and sucking out on people. He built he’s stack on the 5 or 6 previous hands. The 3 hands that did show were K3 off, Q7 suited and 75 off. Push all in preflop.

Based on these reads, I would never fold 10s in this spot. You have to take some chances in mtts and win some flips to win the tournament. If he has been spaz shoving then 10s crush that range and I would be willing to gamble here. Like others have said ITT, you have to be willing to gamble to win big field mtts and based on your reads this seems like a great spot to do so !

ALL IN