FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey, here's what I wd do :
3 bet pre, call a shove if vilain 1 still shoves 96 suited after 3 bet / or vilain 2 shoves 99

Easy peasy

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The call from villain with 2 in the pot already and a shove is very strong. You couldn’t know if the player after you would fold and given the shove and the call folding TT was best choice I would always do that regardless how lose they are. It just happened this time for them to show worst hands. Once folded the run out doesn’t matter so ignore the river and the what-if

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its always a little annoying, when we fold and then gets shown two hands, we were ahead off. But poker is a long term game, and long term I think, this is a correct fold. If the guy with 99 had folded, as probably he should, it would be more ok to make the call and try to collect a bounty for 26BB, especially if you had a read, that the guy jamming was a bit loosy-goosy. You could 3-bet pre, but from UTG+2 that is a little bit iffy in my opinion, so I dont mind your flat.

E

encdz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a safe fold. You have no clue on your opponents yet. If for instance your opponent had an AK/AQ JJ+, you're basically screwed. In this case you would've won, but long term would be a loss if you called shove, I believe.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just calling to the UTG raise I think it's pretty fine here, although I find my self lately to prefer 3betting any hand that I'm willing to call or otherwise I fold.
But of course 1010 is a pretty strong hand, so either 3bet or calling is pretty fine.

Now if this was a regular tournament your decision to fold is the right decision because more than often we are behind after that much of an action and especial after UTGs raiser and caller.
The thing that troubles me and makes me skeptical is that this is a KO tour and people often go in lighter than the usual if bounties are at stake.

But again I think that this allin call or fold comes down to how people prefer to play.
I find neither fold or call bad decisions here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing that troubles me and makes me skeptical is that this is a KO tour and people often go in lighter than the usual if bounties are at stake.

But even so this was a 22$ tournament, so I would not expect per default, that someone is putting a large 60BB stack at risk with 99, when he has several players left to act after him, including someone how opened from UTG+1. It worked out perfectly for him this time, because the guy jamming for 27BB turned out to have two cards lower than a 9, and he got at least one better hand to fold. But in the long run this is hardly a profitable nor common play. He is more likely to show up with JJ+ than 99, in which case Hero would have lowed his fold.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a fold is the right decision in this case. Unless you have seen both players shove with weaker hands a couple of times you have no reason to believe you are ahead.
Call would be good vs one lose player but not against two.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always a little annoying, when we fold and then gets shown two hands, we were ahead off. But poker is a long term game, and long term I think, this is a correct fold. If the guy with 99 had folded, as probably he should, it would be more ok to make the call and try to collect a bounty for 26BB, especially if you had a read, that the guy jamming was a bit loosy-goosy. You could 3-bet pre, but from UTG+2 that is a little bit iffy in my opinion, so I dont mind your flat.
This is completely correct and very well explained, I just add that with the call of the villain it was an easy fold having TT in a multiple pot you only have to enter with premium hands the other would be a suicide especially in a $ 22 tournament where it is already assumed that there are better players and a more formal poker is played for giving an expression

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But even so this was a 22$ tournament, so I would not expect per default, that someone is putting a large 60BB stack at risk with 99, when he has several players left to act after him, including someone how opened from UTG+1. It worked out perfectly for him this time, because the guy jamming for 27BB turned out to have two cards lower than a 9, and he got at least one better hand to fold. But in the long run this is hardly a profitable nor common play. He is more likely to show up with JJ+ than 99, in which case Hero would have lowed his fold.

True, I agree. By the way I don't like bounty tournaments and I don't play them, I say that it troubles me because I have seen worse than this hand on 530$ bounty builder on youtube videos xD.
Of course here I always fold too, but I'm not a very risky one.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold it. When you're not sure what the right call is then the correct thing to do is fold the hand.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With around 35bbs dont think you should stack off that deep.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I considered this hand very lucky. The villain played the A8o badly but shouldn't he have called pre-flop? Shouldn't I have shoved the 2 pair after the flop?

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=124uKId9A

I dont mind defending my BB with T7s against a late position open. Shipping it on the flop is probably not the most optimal strategy, but it worked against this opponent, since you got him to commit his entire stack with a draw against your two pair. Always nice to get your hold, or as in this case hit a redraw, when he gets there on the turn :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True, I agree. By the way I don't like bounty tournaments and I don't play them, I say that it troubles me because I have seen worse than this hand on 530$ bounty builder on youtube videos xD.

On pokerstars it seem like, more and more tournaments are bounty tournaments, and these are generally more popular with the recreational players than traditional tournaments. So if your goal is to make money, then at least on Stars you need to learn to love this game format :)

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On PokerStars it seem like, more and more tournaments are bounty tournaments, and these are generally more popular with the recreational players than traditional tournaments. So if your goal is to make money, then at least on Stars you need to learn to love this game format :)

Hmmm makes sense, interesting what you say. I think I'll give it a shot or more xD.
I don't like them mainly because of the pay structure (cause of bounties), but I will like them if they are by ''definition'' softer xD.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also for the pass, not even looking for a knockout, bad odds against two players

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You folded correctly. TT is not such a strong hand

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I feel like it is a no doubt fold. That is coming from someone who is snug but with that raise and then a call, I think you are behind most of the time to the callers range. The real question in the hand is your preflop action. I dont mind either calling or raising, I think it depends on table dynamics. I definitely lean towards calling in that spot but if there are non aggressive players behind me (what do we do when we are 4 bet?) and I think the initial raiser plays too many hands, calls 3 bets too light, or is just weak, I would prefer a raise. Everything I see with the hand is fine to me, though, from your call to your fold and I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Plenty of other things in this game to lose sleep over.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Excellent and in my opinion the correct game !!! 1010 against two ol-ins play only if you have very few chips or you are a bingo player)))

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way you played it fold is correct.
If I were you i would have reraised preflop a bit

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys. I feel that giving up on TT now was the right decision at that time.