Should I call?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your fold was fine in the first case, (unless you had enough readings from both players to believe that either was bluffing) but in the second case I would have paid at least one more street or done 3bet to determine better his rank.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
1. Fold, it is unlikely that you have the best hand - and if you do it is marginal. Since it is a freroll you can of course gamble and hope that they both have just over cards. But in general 99 is a little to weak pair against more than one opponent even short stacked.

2. Just go all-in pre-flop. You are so short that it often looks weaker to push than to 3-bet (or 4-bet). And you get called by weaker pairs and Ax often (especially in freerolls). As played call his mini-bet on the flop but fold if he starts to bet bigger on the turn or river unless you have seen him bluff a lot.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1) in freerolls it's really hard to figure out what ranges People raise/shove so 99 is marginal. if you have a read or some stats About those 2 you might find a call aswell. but without a further read, folding seems to be fine.

2) I don't like that Play. you 3bet to 6bb and then give up to a ~20% cbet? You should 3bet bigger (at least 2.5k) or even go all-in with your 30bb stack. if you raise bigger you get rid of KQ and KJ, the only Hand I would be afraid of because with AK, KK or AA he would 4bet pre. so after facing a bet of 20% pot size after your check, folding should be your least Option. call or even check raise him to see where you stand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 - easy fold. Dont be results oriented. The best case scenario was both players to have what they have. More often than not at least one player will have TT+ and you will be crushed anyway even if you can dodge the overcards. It's the correct fold, dont worry about it and move on.

2 - no way am I folding 2nd pair to a flop cbet. It doesnt mean they always have a King. AQ might be overly aggressive when checked to here. I think TT and JJ put out bets here as well figuring when you check that you do not have a King. It's a very small bet and I would think if you were to raise them - they would just fold. Seems to be more of a "blocker" or a "feeler" bet and if you fold to it then it just ends up being so much more than just an informational play. After all - when we are betting, that is what we are doing - getting information. If you are just mindlessly betting because you think you have to - then you are missing a key concept of how to play this game.

Summary - call this flop bet - call any reasonable turn bets and check- fold all rivers that are not a Q

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Fold as soon as there was a re-raise. Would of called original All in if no others called in front of me.

2. Freerolls are always harder to play. I would of called pre flop bet and called continuation bet.

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first case,you had to fold it,so your decision was the right one,but with the pocket Qs,you should definitely raise him and see if he really has it or not. I would never lay those down with that flop and such a small raise..